• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Thought some of you might like this update on my son!

skunkman

Since last year after my Son scored a 30 on his ACT test I have been trying to get him more and more Ice time to see if a college would be interested in him. The closest place that has an Ice Rink is 2 and a half hrs away in Fremont Nebraska. So any pick up games there we hit the road and get him in them. Now Jacob has been playing RollerBlade hockey since he was 7 at a One Third size indoor Rink so I know he has a great shot and his stick handling is good because someone is always on top of you all the time. But again I am the first to admit that Jacob needs more game playing under his belt on a full size Rink!

Well at our first Nebraska CornHusker Game a friend from Fremont walks up to me and Says "Skunk! Have your heard that MidLand College in Fremont is starting up Men's and Women's Hockey next year?" I told him no but thanks for the heads up!

Ok long story short! Jacob as of today has been accepted at MidLand College, and will get a scholarship for his good grades and will go as a walk on for the hockey team!

The Skunk is Proud!

Archived