• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Get Ready To Laugh

Respecttheblue

She: Oh you got call from the Islanders, they were selling tickets

Me: OK ...

She: I told them they must have made a mistake, this is a Rangers house! ... and I hung up

:rofl:

Me: Seriously?

She (who often winds me up for fun): Yes.

Me: You're joking, right?

She: No ... seriously.

Why? Were you trying to buy tickets?

Me: No, but they have me on their list, so they call, as I sometimes buy tickets for Islanders - Rangers game at the Coliseum with Gordo, and there's that time I treated Chas and Jake to a Flyers - Islanders game. It's the inexpensive way to see the Rangers and other hockey games.

She: But you didn't go at all last year ... I'm talking about what happened last year...

Me: I didn't go last year? :disappointed: Well, once you're on their ticket buying list .

She: Well now you're on their "blacklist," :devil: (evil laugh.)

Me: ... Oh well nvrmnd :)

The Devils did the same thing to me after I bought the tickets for everyone from the law school who was going to the Rangers game at Prudential Center. One of their reps kept calling me and asking me about the experience, so finally I answered the phone. To my recollection, it went something like this:

Rep: Hi Chris, we were just wondering how you enjoyed your experience at Prudential Center.

Me: It was great. I had a wonderful time. The Rangers won, and Devils fans left the arena in dead silence. I felt like I was at MSG.

Rep: Oh so you were a visiting fan of another team? How would you rate the overall experience of the game and the amenities offered at the arena?

Me: Well it certainly didn't live up to Garden expectations, but if I might make one suggestion, maybe add a little class? Playing the Chicken Dance and "If You're Happy and You Know It" just to encourage Rangers Suck chants strikes me as a tad immature. You guys need another identity other than Ranger hatred. The envy is palpable.

Rep: Thank you for your time, we hope you come back!"

The Devils did the same thing to me after I bought the tickets for everyone from the law school who was going to the Rangers game at Prudential Center. One of their reps kept calling me and asking me about the experience, so finally I answered the phone. To my recollection, it went something like this:

Rep: Hi Chris, we were just wondering how you enjoyed your experience at Prudential Center.

Me: It was great. I had a wonderful time. The Rangers won, and Devils fans left the arena in dead silence. I felt like I was at MSG.

Rep: Oh so you were a visiting fan of another team? How would you rate the overall experience of the game and the amenities offered at the arena?

Me: Well it certainly didn't live up to Garden expectations, but if I might make one suggestion, maybe add a little class? Playing the Chicken Dance and "If You're Happy and You Know It" just to encourage Rangers Suck chants strikes me as a tad immature. You guys need another identity other than Ranger hatred. The envy is palpable.

Rep: Thank you for your time, we hope you come back!"

#shazing! Rather good Lothbrok, but have some mercy on those poor Devils employees; they got a job to do like anyone else ;) one of 'em's me neighbor, and I guess I'm going to have to speak with him about the Chicken Dance business.

Archived