• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Keep a diary, in pen, pencil, whatever ... long after the bytes are lost...

Respecttheblue

The only time I have memorable dreams, is when I have fever dreams. For some reason I can't remember my day to day dreams. I don't even know if I have them TBH.

I've given the whole journal keeping idea a try on my computer, and I just haven't kept to it. I will try the pen and paper way soon though. I love the idea because if I came across that from someone else and read about their day to day life from years ago, that would incredibly interest me. You can always learn from the past.

As nerdy as this is, there was an episode of radio lab sometime within the last year that was all about how this guy learned to force lucidity and control his dreams, and what happens scientifically when you have a lucid dream. It's a really good listen, I'd recommend it.

Edit: here is the link.

http://www.radiolab.org/blogs/radiolab-blog/2012/jan/23/wake-up-dream/

Yea, I feel the same way. And what they say about not being able to control dreams or read in dreams is total BS.

Yes you can totally control your dreams, it actually happened to me last night. So in my dream I wake up with bugs crawling all over me, it was nasty I could feel them and see them on my arms. I realized it was a dream though and just wanted to wake up so I purposely rolled off my bed to kick me out of it and it worked. I woke up and looked at my arms no bugs I was so relieved. Only thing is, and it's really freaky, I'm not sure if the second time I woke up without the bugs was also a dream. Sort of Inceptionish because that would mean I had a dream within a dream within a dream.

As nerdy as this is, there was an episode of radio lab sometime within the last year that was all about how this guy learned to force lucidity and control his dreams, and what happens scientifically when you have a lucid dream. It's a really good listen, I'd recommend it.

Edit: here is the link.

http://www.radiolab.org/blogs/radiolab-blog/2012/jan/23/wake-up-dream/

That was a really interesting listen. I've heard of lucid dreaming before but it never seems to be talked about scientifically. Once in awhile I get lucidity by accident but I've never really been able to force it and usually can't control anything even when I am lucid.

A lot of times my dreams are so weird I can't put them into words. When I wake up they seem normal to me but then if I try to describe them to someone there really aren't any words to articulate what was going on.

A lot of times my dreams are so weird I can't put them into words. When I wake up they seem normal to me but then if I try to describe them to someone there really aren't any words to articulate what was going on.

Yea, I get that feeling, too.

Archived