• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Official Hiking Thread

Dave

oooo thanks! I completely forgot I had posted in this thread haha

I can really recommend the mentioned Breakneck ridge in Cold Spring, it's just gorgeous around there and Cold Spring is a lovely little town, direct train access right to Grand Central as well doesn't hurt.

If you want to combine it with a swim as well there is a sandy beach on the Hudson a few hundred yards right opposite the road of where you park your car just outside Cold Spring to go hiking. It's mostly just locals since it's kind of hidden and it's quite nice there and swimming the Hudson with Storm King mountain rising right on the other side is a really nice experience.

I can really recommend the mentioned Breakneck ridge in Cold Spring, it's just gorgeous around there and Cold Spring is a lovely little town, direct train access right to Grand Central as well doesn't hurt.

If you want to combine it with a swim as well there is a sandy beach on the Hudson a few hundred yards right opposite the road of where you park your car just outside Cold Spring to go hiking. It's mostly just locals since it's kind of hidden and it's quite nice there and swimming the Hudson with Storm King mountain rising right on the other side is a really nice experience.

That sounds awesome I will def. have to check it out

Haven't had a chance to work up many photos yet from my trip to Shenandoah National Park, but here's one of Dark Hallow Falls:

http://pcdn.500px.net/39658340/9d184ef9c11fdcf5ba92695cc712efd8d2fea3fc/4.jpg

Archived