• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Credit Card APR Question

Myusername

So about 8 months I got myself a Chase Freedom CC because they offered 15 months of 0% APR, cash back and a much higher limit than what I had on my previous card. Anyhow, I only worked intermittently during this time and because of my tendency to go out way too often, I ended up with a pretty chunky balance on it (over 2K). My question is this - right now I'm not paying any interest on the balance, but what would happen if I still had a significant balance when the no APR trial period runs out? Would I get charged finance fees for the ENTIRE 15 months worth of balance because I didn't pay it off completely? Or would i start getting charged from scratch (XX% on only the current months balance)? I only ask because someone told me that the former is the case, but I can't seem to find a definitive answer anywhere. Anyone have an idea? Thanks

Usually, even bough your not paying any interest, you are still building it up. It should say on your bill that if the total isn't paid off by a certain date, this is how much interest you will be charged. They get you with that zero percent, because if you don't pay it off by he time it's up, they hit you with the total interest you have built up on the amount you owe.

Archived