• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Treasure Hunters CNBC (Plante's) Mask prototype

Marc

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100631262

Randomly last night I started watching Treasure Hunters on CNBC. The new episode tonight features the authentication (or not) of what is claimed to be a prototype of the first ever hockey mask. Could be interesting. The episode I watched last night was okay, but way too many commercials, DVR it so u can skip the crapola, plus you should be watching the end of the game at 9pm tonight!! :happy:

A while back I found an old picture of some of the guys that made up the first baseball team ever. The auction house I brought it to took forever to authenticate it, and it was a very anxious and exciting time. It wound up being worth it in the end because it sold for a pretty penny. It was actually on a TV show like this one but it was called accidental fortunes. I didnt actually make a "fortune" but it was a pretty cool story anyway.

A while back I found an old picture of some of the guys that made up the first baseball team ever. The auction house I brought it to took forever to authenticate it, and it was a very anxious and exciting time. It wound up being worth it in the end because it sold for a pretty penny. It was actually on a TV show like this one but it was called accidental fortunes. I didnt actually make a "fortune" but it was a pretty cool story anyway.

http://smileinseconds.blogspot.com/2010/03/accidental-fortunes.html

Bernice Gallego, a 72-year-old California woman found a rare baseball card of the first professional team in the United States in her home. And if it weren't for the intervention of a friend, she would have sold the 1869 Cincinnati Red Stockings card on eBay for $10. The front of the card features a sepia-toned, gelatin-silver photographic print of the entire team. The reverse, a red-and-white advertisement for Peck & Snyder, a New York sports equipment manufacturer. The card has since been authenticated by PSA. The team photo is relatively unscathed.

The 19th century baseball card was sold on the auction block for $75,285.

Bernice???

Archived