• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Anyone own a cat?

Get a scratch board and cat nip. Don't spend money on cat toys.

After the kitten stage, the cat will probably hate you and want nothing to do with you.

The one toys that I found my cat never gets sick of is this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Da-Bird-Cat-Toy-Store/dp/B000F9JJJE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362349547&sr=8-1&keywords=cat+toy+bird

Everything else he plays with for 5 seconds or doesn't at all

I've got three. They are pretty cool, but can also make you want to kill them. Only real tip is if there is anywhere you don't want it, train it early on to stay away. Ex: Cat on the counters, clawing furniture. Use a spray bottle with water. And use it often enough.

Ive used those tactics for 15 years now on my cat.....guess what..she goes where she goes when she feels like it....lol...Daisy (or Stumpy as we always call her being a manx cross and only having a stump for a tail)....i remember her as a tiny kitten....shes 15 now and an old lady....like someone said can be cool but sometimes you hate them...stumpy...keep wiggling that stump girl...lol

One thing I'm not sure of is if she's good for anything, we live in the woods on a mountain and if you asked me we should have wood mice in our house by now for sure, it's just impossible almost to keep them out forever when you live like this. My wife though thinks that just the sheer presence and smell of a cat in the house keeps them away. If this is true Stumpy is more valuable than I ever thought.

If this is the case I would get another cat immideately when she goes to cat heaven but if it's not I would pass AT THIS POINT IN MY LIFE, having 4 kids the cat is just ANOTHER chore sadly

Archived