• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

It's a shame there's no SportsNet feed in the US

Phil

I could listen to these guys all day long. Easy.

Hockey Central @ Noon is neck-and-neck for my fav. podcast right now with MvsW.

They're great.

To be honest though, Hockey Central is the only hockey specific show I think. SportsNet releases most of their other shows as podcasts, and hockey isn't the main focus like Hockey Central is. They talk about the Raptors, the Blue Jays, etc.

My only gripe with Hockey Central is that there's too much Leafs talk at times. There have been shows that are all about the Leafs. I understand it's a Toronto show, but it's Hockey Central, not Leafs Lunch.

They're great.

To be honest though, Hockey Central is the only hockey specific show I think. SportsNet releases most of their other shows as podcasts, and hockey isn't the main focus like Hockey Central is. They talk about the Raptors, the Blue Jays, etc.

My only gripe with Hockey Central is that there's too much Leafs talk at times. There have been shows that are all about the Leafs. I understand it's a Toronto show, but it's Hockey Central, not Leafs Lunch.

Agreed, especially now that that show is back.

Phil is this what you're listening to?

http://www.sportsnet.ca/podcast/marek_wyshynski/

if you click it when MvsW isnt on its the regular Sportsnet feed

MvsW's link, when the pod cast isn't up, is the FAN 590 feed. Is that the same as SportsNet?

I guess what I'm saying is that I wish I could have 8 hours a day of Marek, Kypreos, MacLean, Miller, etc.

They're great.

Yeah, that's def. annoying, but it's so refreshing to me to sit down every day and download that podcast after lunch, just so I can listen to real, uninterrupted hockey talk, and nothing but hockey talk. No Yankees. No Giants. No A-Rod. Nothing but puck.

MvsW's link, when the pod cast isn't up, is the FAN 590 feed. Is that the same as SportsNet?

I guess what I'm saying is that I wish I could have 8 hours a day of Marek, Kypreos, MacLean, Miller, etc.

yeah pretty positive it was the Hockey Central show, judging by the radio voice person saying "now back to hockey central"

That's why I like Jeff Blair, he talks baseball.

Check out Tim and Sid too Phil, they're pretty good.

I have. I usually listen to them for a bit every day before the MvsW podcast takes over, but there's too much "sports radio" talk there, and not enough hockey centric talk. They'll talk hockey, obviously, but every time I jump in it's usually a mix of that, plus Jays, Raptors, etc.

Seeing as I don't follow other sports, I usually end up tuning them out until MvsW kicks in, unless the hockey talk is the dominant discussion.

Hey Phil, maybe you'd like to also take a look at the Backhand Shelf Podcast and Illegal Curve Hockey Podcast. They're weekly podcasts that are all hockey. They're not as good as MvsW or HC@NOON, but they're good. Illegal Curve is weekly, and Backhand Shelf is daily except Fridays, I believe.

Also, Hockey Night in Canada has a short daily podcast that doesn't just discuss Canadian hockey (though it mostly does).

With all of these bad boys, I filled nearly half my day with hockey podcasts!

Archived