• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Mea Maxima Culpa: Silence in the House of God

Phil

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/mea_maxima_culpa_silence_in_the_house_of_god/

In MEA MAXIMA CULPA: SILENCE IN THE HOUSE OF GOD, Oscar ®-winning filmmaker Alex Gibney examines the abuse of power in the Catholic Church through the story of four courageous deaf men, who in the first known case of public protest, set out to expose the priest who abused them. Through their case the film follows a cover-up that winds its way from the row houses of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, through the bare ruined choirs of Ireland's churches, all the way to the highest office of the Vatican. © HBO

--

This debuted tonight. Incredibly powerful, incredibly insightful documentary piece on the massive, massive cover-ups of the sexual abuse, molestation and rape of children by priests in the Roman Catholic church.

Absolutely recommend watching, though I promise you, you will be furious by the time it ends.

There's a replay tonight at 4:05am for anyone to record, though I'm sure there will be multiple re-airings throughout the week and throughout the coming weeks.

It was a real emotional rollar coaster ride, because the follow the lives of three or four specific victims, all from a school for the deaf, who were abused.

I don't want to spoil anything, but it brought me to tears by the end.

Archived