• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Alice In Chains - 'The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here'

Phil

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=186281&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

ALICE IN CHAINS has set "The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here" as the title of its new album. The band's fifth studio LP and second without original vocalist Layne Staley was once again produced by Nick Raskulinecz (FOO FIGHTERS, DEFTONES) and is scheduled for release in May. Fueling excitement is the first track "Hollow", which was initially released as a lyric video but has taken on a life of its own, hitting No. 1 in America on the Mainstream Rock radio chart and closing in on No. 1 on the Active Rock radio chart.

The band posted the lyric clip on their official site back on December 18 and it quickly went viral. As word spread among fans, radio programmers nationwide bypassed traditional procedure and began playing the song on air. Rather than wait to receive an official edited track from the record company, stations played the almost-six-minute-long version of "Hollow" in its entirety. Over the course of the weeks that followed, the song's radio spins increased exponentially, making it the No. 1 Top Gainer at Active Rock for six consecutive weeks.

• 1 month later...

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=187780&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Songtiltes set to appear on the CD:

* Voices

* Low Ceiling

* Stone

* The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here

* Hollow

* Lab Monkey

* Hung On A Hook

* Pretty Done

* Breath On A Window

* Choke

* Phantom Limb

The album's cover artwork can be seen below.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/soulflypremiere/alicdinosaurs.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I know Phantom Limb is an actual medical term, but I wonder if it's a slight nod to the Venture Bros. I doubt it though.

Anyway, AIC has held a special place in my heart ever since college. We alternated between three warmup songs for the pre-game skate during our games:

1) Thunderstruck - AC/DC

2) I Know Somethin' ('Bout You) - Alice in Chains

3) Hysteria - Muse

Any one of them got me absolutely fired up. Facing warm up shots while hearing those songs really got me in that goalie-lockdown mode. I'd just phase out and enter a completely different mental state of "MUST....KICK...ASS."

I will definitely be getting this album. Love me some AIC.

I know Phantom Limb is an actual medical term, but I wonder if it's a slight nod to the Venture Bros. I doubt it though.

Anyway, AIC has held a special place in my heart ever since college. We alternated between three warmup songs for the pre-game skate during our games:

1) Thunderstruck - AC/DC

2) I Know Somethin' ('Bout You) - Alice in Chains

3) Hysteria - Muse

Any one of them got me absolutely fired up. Facing warm up shots while hearing those songs really got me in that goalie-lockdown mode. I'd just phase out and enter a completely different mental state of "MUST....KICK...ASS."

I will definitely be getting this album. Love me some AIC.

First, extra credit and rep for the awesome Venture Bro's 'Phantom Limb' reference. Still laughing at that.

Second, I'm glad someone else digs this record. I thought they did a really great job with it. Just based on my experience now having listened to it quite a bit the last few weeks, I'd say it's not as good as 'Black Gives Way to Blue', but I'd still give it 8/10, whereas BGWTB would have been 9/10.

First, extra credit and rep for the awesome Venture Bro's 'Phantom Limb' reference. Still laughing at that.

Second, I'm glad someone else digs this record. I thought they did a really great job with it. Just based on my experience now having listened to it quite a bit the last few weeks, I'd say it's not as good as 'Black Gives Way to Blue', but I'd still give it 8/10, whereas BGWTB would have been 9/10.

....Never welch on a bet Dean. Be a man and drink it. Then go to bed.

I agree with you about "The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here". Definitely my favorite track on the new record, though generally as I listen to music over and over I find new elements of songs I didn't hear the first few times around and my tastes change. Awesome stuff though. It's the classic AIC sound I love with a bit of a twist. Haunting is definitely the right word for it.

Archived