• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Duck Dynasty

EdMc28

Needs its own thread. If you haven't watched it I suggest you flip on A&E Wednesday night. Show follows the Robertson family who turned a family business of making duck calls into a multi million dollar company. Main characters are Phil and Miss Kay ( Phil started the company, Miss Kay is his wife who loves to cook ), Willie ( CEO ), Jase ( Willie's brother ), Jep ( Willie's other brother ), Uncle Si ( crazy uncle ) and their wives. They follow them around and they do redneck things. One of the funniest shows on television if not the funniest.

Si makes the whole thing though

I was watching the lawn mower race episode last night he had me dying. "Willie you just want us to mow your dam lawn"

When he was driving the semi truck was great too. I can't believe he didn't blow the transmission on that thing.

Ugh, can we stop glorifying redneck culture already? It started with the whole Blue Collar comedy tour, with Larry the Cable Guy, Jeff Foxworthy, etc. Now Larry has a Prilosec commercial. I don't need people saying "you know you're a redneck when" followed by "that's funny right there."

Then we get Hillbilly Handfishing, and Call of the Wildman, and Honey Boo Boo, Swamp people, this show, etc. I'm sure I'm missing about a dozen other TV shows too. Sure, the stuff Honey Boo Boo says is unintentionally funny and adorable and all, but the way that family behaves, especially in what they feed their kids, borders on child abuse.

I don't get it. We're turning a whole sub-culture in America in to an exhibit at the zoo. Like look at the monkeys behind the bars. They say silly and outrageous things, they hunt their own food, and my God isn't it just so awesome? Enough already. Redneck programming needs to go the way of Survivor, and fast.

And this is not intended to be bigoted. Like I said, it's the bastardization of a sub-culture in America. The TV execs are portraying these people as outlandish simpletons, and the programming schedule is now inundated with this crap. Enough is enough already. One or two shows, fine, but when the History Channel stops showing history just so they can put this kind of mind-numbing drivel up, it's more than a little sickening.

Anyway, since the shows are obviously popular, my OPINION (and it's that, and nothing more) will conversely be just as unpopular. But whatever.

Ugh, can we stop glorifying redneck culture already? It started with the whole Blue Collar comedy tour, with Larry the Cable Guy, Jeff Foxworthy, etc. Now Larry has a Prilosec commercial. I don't need people saying "you know you're a redneck when" followed by "that's funny right there."

Then we get Hillbilly Handfishing, and Call of the Wildman, and Honey Boo Boo, Swamp people, this show, etc. I'm sure I'm missing about a dozen other TV shows too. Sure, the stuff Honey Boo Boo says is unintentionally funny and adorable and all, but the way that family behaves, especially in what they feed their kids, borders on child abuse.

I don't get it. We're turning a whole sub-culture in America in to an exhibit at the zoo. Like look at the monkeys behind the bars. They say silly and outrageous things, they hunt their own food, and my God isn't it just so awesome? Enough already. Redneck programming needs to go the way of Survivor, and fast.

And this is not intended to be bigoted. Like I said, it's the bastardization of a sub-culture in America. The TV execs are portraying these people as outlandish simpletons, and the programming schedule is now inundated with this crap. Enough is enough already. One or two shows, fine, but when the History Channel stops showing history just so they can put this kind of mind-numbing drivel up, it's more than a little sickening.

Anyway, since the shows are obviously popular, my OPINION (and it's that, and nothing more) will conversely be just as unpopular. But whatever.

"stop liking what I don't like!"

Archived