• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Other Sports is Getting a New Direction

Phil

Over the next few weeks you'll start to see a bit of a new look and feel to the Other Sports section — a forum I feel we can actually get a lot more discussion going on in under the proposed plan.

In short, you're going to see less mash threads (All Things, General Discussion, etc.) and more detailed, engaging threads to discuss specific scenarios, signings, trades, rumors, etc. the same way you see in the Rangers and Around the NHL sections.

Leading this charge is going to be Jules and Mr. Smith, who'll take on the responsibility of being our first "Section Mods". If you have ideas/suggestions, you are free to post them here, but as of this moment Jules and Mr. Smith are your go-to-guys on all things Other Sports.

Just a heads up.

so are we gonna see like, threads within threads? As in you click a main MLB thread and there will be drop downs for specific topics

No, not that detailed, but let's say (and forgive me if I make an asinine analogy here) the Mets want to trade David Wright. Instead of that would-be thread being buried in an "All Things Mets" thread with 3,000+ responses, the topic itself would get it's own thread. The Mets would have their own "general" thread for mild team talk, but major talking points like that would immediately have their own thread with an engaging title and direction.

People are FAR less inclined to join a discussion in the midst of a thread that's thousands of posts long. They're far more inclined to join in when something important is being discussed and actually has it's own thread with a refined direction.

Make sense?

No, not that detailed, but let's say (and forgive me if I make an asinine analogy here) the Mets want to trade David Wright. Instead of that would-be thread being buried in an "All Things Mets" thread with 3,000+ responses, the topic itself would get it's own thread. The Mets would have their own "general" thread for mild team talk, but major talking points like that would immediately have their own thread with an engaging title and direction.

People are FAR less inclined to join a discussion in the midst of a thread that's thousands of posts long. They're far more inclined to join in when something important is being discussed and actually has it's own thread with a refined direction.

Make sense?

AH HA! I knew you followed baseball Phil!!!

Make sense?

right so basically no more merging into the league threads

If there ends up being enough demand for it, I can't see why we couldn't do GDT for the Jets and Giants. As far as doing it for the Knicks, Yankees, and Mets, It might add too much clutter, but the Jets and Giants should be doable.

In addition, we are adding new Prefixes to the Other Sports section. What this means is when you start a thread in that section, you can prefix it with NFL or Golf so that it is easier for users to sort through.

Archived