• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Does anyone have a Nook/Kindle?

Fuhgeddaboudit

Title^

I asked for it for christmas last year, and there's nothing more I hate than this piece of shit.

Overdrive, the library system, sucks so hard. All the great books that I want to read have waiting lists that are unbearable, and the prices on amazon? Fuck that, I rather buy a used paperback for 3 dollars less...

Anyone have a Nook or more specifically a kindle?

Title^

I asked for it for christmas last year, and there's nothing more I hate than this piece of shit.

Overdrive, the library system, sucks so hard. All the great books that I want to read have waiting lists that are unbearable, and the prices on amazon? Fuck that, I rather buy a used paperback for 3 dollars less...

I have a Nook. I got one pretty soon after they first came out and am on my second. I stayed with the e-ink because I wasn't looking for a tablet to read books on, I use it as a dedicated reader. I love it. Once I got used to it, reading is the same experience for me with the added bonus of not having to carry around/store books. Battery life on this thing is tremendous. Talking over a week between needing to recharge and I read quite frequently.

Only downside I've found is that using a book light, it's difficult to get a good illumination of the entire screen without getting a harsh glare. That could just be the book light I got though.

I have a Nook. I got one pretty soon after they first came out and am on my second. I stayed with the e-ink because I wasn't looking for a tablet to read books on, I use it as a dedicated reader. I love it. Once I got used to it, reading is the same experience for me with the added bonus of not having to carry around/store books. Battery life on this thing is tremendous. Talking over a week between needing to recharge and I read quite frequently.

Only downside I've found is that using a book light, it's difficult to get a good illumination of the entire screen without getting a harsh glare. That could just be the book light I got though.

With the Nook, do you enjoy plenty of free books? How does the library thing work for you? Do Nook users use OverDrive?

Do ebooks tend to be cheaper than books from Barnes and Noble?

With the Nook, do you enjoy plenty of free books? How does the library thing work for you? Do Nook users use OverDrive?

Do ebooks tend to be cheaper than books from Barnes and Noble?

I can get free books from my library online and do that quite a bit. The library within the Nook works fine. You can add books via wifi through the Nook, through B&N.com or with the library books, I use Adobe Digital Editions to transfer the borrowed books to my Nook.

Price for ebooks are usually the same as the paperback version for newer paper back books. For the latest popular books that just came out in Hardcover, they are a bit cheaper. IE:

Game of Thrones - $8.99 paperback, $8.99 Nook

A Dance with Dragons - $21.00 hardcover (with 40% discount), $14.99 Nook

I read GOT free by downloading it from my library, although there was a wait list.

Title^

Peetie27: "Get a new phone."

Archived