• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The River

-ERIK-

On whether or not it'd be cancelled. I'm just saying, man... it's well on it's way.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/the-river-cancel-keep-22166/

Looking at the half-hour breakdowns, you can see that the ratings steadily declined as the two hours progressed. Between the first half hour and the last, The River lost 15% in the demo and 26% in total viewership. That certainly wasn’t a good indication that those people would return for week two.

And, they didn’t. For the third episode, The River’s demo fell a whopping 26% with a 1.7 rating with 4.96 million. Several shows also saw declines that night but The River was easily the biggest loser of the evening.

After just three installments, The River averages a 2.0 in the coveted demo and 5.9 million viewers. It ranks 12th on the list of ABC scripted shows for this season, just above already-cancelled sitcom Man Up!. The River also receives a “D+” on the ABC network report card. Unless the next episode attracts at least a 2.0 rating, the season average and grade will drop even further.

Based on this early performance, it looks certain that The River will be cancelled after one season. The network only ordered eight episodes so there are only five produced installments remaining. The last is expected to air on March 20th. Given that this is an ongoing mystery series, it seems highly unlikely that the story will be wrapped up by the finale.

I watch it, but on DVR. It's actually matured well (from an acting perspective) but they really build up the story poorly. It's just these situational events that don't tell you anything more then how they sort of come together as a unit, but really they don't come together at all. They all react and interact with each other the same way they did from the start of the show.

It's worth keeping on the DVR schedule, but I wont watch it before I watch Southland, not a chance.

What's going on in this series anyway? Since I've given up watching it, what are some exciting events that happened in the past 3 weeks? Fill me in!

Well they found Lena's dad, he was on another ship where he was actually a living spirit, so he was dead. They found Emmet's backpack and knife at a water fall they knew he was traveling at which lead to them finding more footage of him and his journey. Where he encountered with and lost a cameraman to a devil called "Il Tunchi". Where then lead to almost the death of Emmet till some tribal members picked him up and dropped off to like a townish looking area. So the crew went there thinking he was definitely there for sure, and when they got there the place was all like run down and looked like nobody has been there for months.

The next episode is the season finale and it looks pretty good, looks like they are getting close to finding him dead or alive.

Umm yeah a little bit, when they found Lena's dad, he was actually with 4 other people who were dead like him and the only way to get them off the boat was to get 5 people trapped in their boat which would lead them to die and the others who were originally trapped to be free. But of course they saved them from the boat before they can become one with the boat and dead.

Archived