• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Extreme Couponing

Phil

True, but Im not sure how much longer they would live drinking 2-3 bottles a day. After about 4 months, soda goes flat and tastes nasty. Its not going to kill you, but the taste is disgusting after a while. Plus, they are buying 100 bottles of soda, that doesnt mean that they are out of soda, they are just adding to the 100 they still have in the basement/garage/spare bedroom.

Well, I'm convinced they show is fake anyway, so I don't get too caught up in those details.

Wait, you were serious about the world running out of soda?

No not soda, dumb example, talking about everything else that people buy that runs out. Resources are scarce, stupid to buy all this junk when your not going to use it. Unless like you said they drink so much a day or eat a lot a day.

That's a different story, but these people use coupons because of the expiration date, so i'm sure they just buy it because of that and not because they eat/drink a lot of what they're buying

Well, I'm convinced they show is fake anyway, so I don't get too caught up in those details.

I kind of do too. We picked up on a couple of things they did on the Long Island episode. Most stores her on Long Island wont take this many coupons, and also limit what you can get on sale. Plus the thing that gets me is that in every episode, the system always locks up, and they miraculously have it fixed after a couple of seconds of tension in the buyers face.

I kind of do too. We picked up on a couple of things they did on the Long Island episode. Most stores her on Long Island wont take this many coupons, and also limit what you can get on sale. Plus the thing that gets me is that in every episode, the system always locks up, and they miraculously have it fixed after a couple of seconds of tension in the buyers face.
Exactly. It's a formula.

I don't know how people get all these coupons anyway. I try to use coupons whenever possible, but more often than not I can't find coupons for stuff I buy/like! And when I do, I'm not about to dumpster dive or buy 50 newspapers to have multiples so that I can stockpile the stuff so it can go bad before I use it!

I am also still trying to figure out how these people get money from the store doing this. If you use a coupon and its for more than what the item costs, you just get the item for free, you dont get money in return for it.

They don't actually walk out with money, the store doesn't really give them the money. But I see what you're saying. Half the stores they shop in I've never heard of.

I don't know how people get all these coupons anyway. I try to use coupons whenever possible, but more often than not I can't find coupons for stuff I buy/like! And when I do, I'm not about to dumpster dive or buy 50 newspapers to have multiples so that I can stockpile the stuff so it can go bad before I use it!

Coupon Suzy!

No not soda, dumb example, talking about everything else that people buy that runs out. Resources are scarce, stupid to buy all this junk when your not going to use it. Unless like you said they drink so much a day or eat a lot a day.

That's a different story, but these people use coupons because of the expiration date, so i'm sure they just buy it because of that and not because they eat/drink a lot of what they're buying

LOL. I'm sorry, but I will LOL at that again. While I agree with the concept of 'waste not', you are up-in-arms about this as if these people are depriving the rest of humanity of these items. There's a reason a supermarkets can sell hundreds of these items in 1 pop.. it's because they have thousands more. If someone walks into my local supermarket tomorrow and buys every last hot pocket in that store, I assure you, there will be enough hot pockets left on the planet that you can burn your tongue everyday till the day you die.

And Jim Gaffigan happily agrees.

Archived