• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[9/11 Memorial] Please Read: Moments of Silence on our Board

Jules

Dear members,

In order to remember the many lives lost during the tragic events of September 11th 2001 I would like to suggest two moments of silence on our board.

If you are online tomorrow (Sunday morning) I want to ask you not to post during the minutes of 8.46AM and 9.03AM, being the moments the planes struck the World Trade Center exactly 10 years ago.

I understand that for some the ongoing memorials are too much, but many lives in the city our New York Rangers call home have been deeply affected by these events and I feel like showing our respect by not chattering during those exact moments would be a small, but important gesture and moment of remembrance.

I thank you in advance for your co-operation.

On personal behalf,

Jules

PS. A small addition:

Nice job Jules. Maybe everyone can control themselves and not post at all from 8.46AM through 9.03AM

This suggestion by Mike would obviously be even more impressive. It feel like this is a lot to ask, but if you feel this is more impressive, and I think it is, I gladly invite you to join in this idea.

I felt like this was too much to ask, but this would obviously be even more impressive.

I added this to the opening post now.

I won't be on as I see you're aware of by liking my fb status but I don't think 17 minutes at that time of the morning is a lot to ask for. We just have to stop Chizz from posting hot chicks and Robin from posting pics of cats.

I won't be on as I see you're aware of by liking my fb status but I don't think 17 minutes at that time of the morning is a lot to ask for.

Because this is a personal idea and not a mandatory thing by the moderating crew of this board I don't want to request too much. I will actually do this for those minutes, because I love the idea, but I want to leave this all voluntary. This thread is just to make people aware of my idea and hopefully have them join me.

Because this is a personal idea and not a mandatory thing by the moderating crew of this board I don't want to request too much. I will actually do this for those minutes, because I love the idea, but I want to leave this all voluntary. This thread is just to make people aware of my idea and hopefully have them join me.

I don't see anyone intentionally posting if they're aware of this thread. Again .... great job. Wouldn't expect anything less from you.

Don't ask too much, as some members on here will be offended that a person who's wasn't born is America is initiating such a thing like this....err, never mind.

Kidding.

It's a nice gesture :)

That's why he added this ....

I understand that for some the ongoing memorials are too much, but many lives in the city our New York Rangers call home have been deeply affected by these events and I feel like showing our respect by not chattering during those exact moments would be a small, but important gesture and moment of remembrance.

Archived