• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Headphone Suggestions?

Keirik

I have an older model, don't think they still make that one. My advice is always that for comfort, you should go to a store that sells them so you can feel it.

EDIT: The HD 518 is similar to what I have.

Problem is I have no idea what store has them around me. Never heard of them until now, and I just checked on google images. I really don't like the look of them honestly. As much as I rather have comfort and nice sound, I do like to have at least some nice look to them, which I don't see in these honestly.

Problem is I have no idea what store has them around me. Never heard of them until now, and I just checked on google images. I really don't like the look of them honestly. As much as I rather have comfort and nice sound, I do like to have at least some nice look to them, which I don't see in these honestly.

I am all about sound and comfort and if colours aren't ridiculous, the looks don't really matter to me. I would agree that Bose often looks better.

Skullcandy Rock Nation Aviator's. Skullcandy's products are fantastic. I only have Agents and those are great. If I was spending $150, I'd get these.

How is the build? I heard and read they feel flimsy and seem like they're going to break. But from waht I've read i heard the Bose blows them out of the water in the Sound quality comparison.

• 5 years later...

Bumping this instead of making yet another headphones thread.

So I have a set of Bose earbuds that are comfortable and sound great. I've mentioned to my wife how I wanna get some wireless headphones and she bought me some Bose wireless bluetooth buds for my birthday last week. I was thankful she picked up on the hints but I don't want another pair of buds. I want over the ear headphones but just could never justify the cost of them. Now, I figured she spent the money on these so I may as well exchange them and spend a little more money on what I really want(don't worry she is totally ok with this haha).

I would LOVE the Bose QC35s but $350 for headphones I'll rarely use is crazy to me. I am at a tossup between the Beats Studio Wireless and the Bose Soundlink Wireless headphones. I have read all the negative reviews of the original Beats by Dre Studio headphones and how they're overly bassy and meant for just rap music but I have also read that the newer ones have addressed this issue and significantly improved their sound output. The Bose are supposed to be a perfect balance but I do prefer a little more more bass with my music(rock and metal, think Octane and Lithium on Sirius). I read the extra bass can get a little distorted on the Bose. I am in a total toss up on which to get, I have to get to the store and sample them in person but has anyone in here had experience with both that could provide their experiences and preferences?

Well I was able to get to Best Buy yesterday to sample the Bose QC35 and the Soundlink Wireless, and the Beats Studio wireless. I actually like the sounds of the Beats more than the Bose but I'm still torn, everyone says get the Bose. I have a few friends who said they actually sold their Beats to get the Bose but they all said they got the QC35 which I am not spending $350 on. I just don't wanna get the Beats and regret my decision. Not to mention Beats are the trendy ones and I don't typically like to go with the trendy stuff lol.

We use Sennheiser here at work and they don't seem to be anything special. Granted, the company definitely cheaped out on our current ones which we got last year. Our prior Sennheisers were much better.

As for what I'd be using them for, just music really. When I mow the lawn or do other yard work, when I run, for travel, etc.

Archived