• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

PHI Acquire Rasmus Ristolainen from BUF for Robert Hagg, 13th Overall, 2023 3rd Round

I think I might be done with my general ‘defer to the pros’ mentality. Like, I get we should all have our own thoughts and opinions. It’s not that I never disagree with the pros but generally speaking I like to just think, ‘well, they probably know what they’re talking about.’ But holy crap. This has eroded my faith that people making millions to build hockey teams have ever watched hockey

this is the kind of trade that you wont know how bad it is until 3-4 years from now and see who they could have had via draft instead. On paper its bad, but Ristolainen had potential back in the day so who knows. This draft is such a bigger lottery than ever before so there is that. Ristolainen is only 26 and 4 times had 40+ points no? Plus he's a big body. Doesn't play a lick of defense though i think but maybe they are hoping for a change of scenery.

this is the kind of trade that you wont know how bad it is until 3-4 years from now and see who they could have had via draft instead. On paper its bad, but Ristolainen had potential back in the day so who knows. This draft is such a bigger lottery than ever before so there is that. Ristolainen is only 26 and 4 times had 40+ points no? Plus he's a big body. Doesn't play a lick of defense though i think but maybe they are hoping for a change of scenery.

this. how do u as a scout go into meetings with any conviction as you have basically missed a year and a half of looking at, talking to anybody. they can tell you its the scouts skill set but this draft is shaping up like my office's fantasy football draft. 3 years from now will be interesting to see who the smartest teams in the room were...

this. how do u as a scout go into meetings with any conviction as you have basically missed a year and a half of looking at, talking to anybody. they can tell you its the scouts skill set but this draft is shaping up like my office's fantasy football draft. 3 years from now will be interesting to see who the smartest teams in the room were...

Luckiest*