• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Alexander Ovechkin

The Dude

Ya know, people are talking about Tarasenko and other wingers...

Why in the hell not Ovie? Checks every single box.

He's not going to get a long term contract. He plays with snarl, is still producing, and probably still hungry for another cup.

2-3 years at 7.5- 8 million?

Why is there no talk around the league about this guy? Is there any chance he leaves Washington?

Is this a real question? He doesn't play right wing, he plays left wing exclusively where we are loaded, and he's not leaving Washington.

This. And even if he did play RW, his number one weapon is playing the same spot oon the PP that Zibanejad does.

He's going nowhere.

"I'm confident; we still have time," Ovechkin said in his year-end media availability on Tuesday. "Obviously, I want to finish my career here. I'm pretty sure we will do something soon."

Ovechkin has also planted roots in the D.C. community. Earlier this month, he and his wife, Nastya, became investors in the NWSL's Washington Spirit.

"It was also important for me to support the D.C. community," Ovechkin told ESPN. "I support everybody in this town. Me and my wife love to go watch a soccer game, watch football and baseball. We all win. If I have this opportunity, I think it's very important for me to do it, because it also shows we care."

Leonsis [Caps owner] has been adamant about re-signing Ovechkin, telling The Athletic last month: "Alex knows that if he plays five more years, 10 more years, whatever it is, we've got his back. Our commitment to him is to continue to have great teams. We'll spend to the cap; we'll try to win championships. And that's what he's focused on, because that will be his legacy."

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/31509449/alex-ovechkin-says-wants-retire-washington-capitals-believes-new-deal-soon

"I'm confident; we still have time," Ovechkin said in his year-end media availability on Tuesday. "Obviously, I want to finish my career here. I'm pretty sure we will do something soon."

Ovechkin has also planted roots in the D.C. community. Earlier this month, he and his wife, Nastya, became investors in the NWSL's Washington Spirit.

"It was also important for me to support the D.C. community," Ovechkin told ESPN. "I support everybody in this town. Me and my wife love to go watch a soccer game, watch football and baseball. We all win. If I have this opportunity, I think it's very important for me to do it, because it also shows we care."

Leonsis [Caps owner] has been adamant about re-signing Ovechkin, telling The Athletic last month: "Alex knows that if he plays five more years, 10 more years, whatever it is, we've got his back. Our commitment to him is to continue to have great teams. We'll spend to the cap; we'll try to win championships. And that's what he's focused on, because that will be his legacy."

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...-new-deal-soon

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/31509449/alex-ovechkin-says-wants-retire-washington-capitals-believes-new-deal-soon

Yeah, he's outta there! ...I have a better chance of getting hit with a meteor!! :rofl:

This. And even if he did play RW, his number one weapon is playing the same spot oon the PP that Zibanejad does.

He's going nowhere.

But we will bring in Landeskog and cum all over the place?

Some selective thinking all around. It's as realistic as Landeskog coming here. But ok you two..

Yeah, he's outta there! ...I have a better chance of getting hit with a meteor!! :rofl:

Ease up fella. I even asked if he would leave.

If we can discuss Colorados captain coming here, we sure as fuck can discuss Ovie leaving what looks like a shit show for the next few years.

But we will bring in Landeskog and cum all over the place?

Some selective thinking all around. It's as realistic as Landeskog coming here. But ok you two..

Landeskog might actually hit the market. Ovechkin has as much a chance to do so, despite his contractual status, as Crosby does of demanding a trade to the Flyers.

Also, please use a napkin. This is a public place. We needn't be cleaning up after that sort of mess.