• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Adding Pekka Rinne Would Infuse Rangers with Needed Leadership

thankfully Phil handed him Ryan O'Reilly today so that should give Larry some new material to run with.

I do think upgrading their backup situation is a good idea, and having nothing to do with looking for leadership. I don't think Rinne is the right choice. As for what we have neither was any good. Kinkaid has never proven to be good at the NHL level especially if he was to be pressed into a situation to fill in for an injury. Problem is I can't see Georgiev having any real value so unless he's a complete throw in in a deal I'm not sure what you do with him. Odds are at some point Shesterkin is going to miss time.

As for there's a lot of goalies in the system, none worth remotely considering at this point.

Yeah, I'm not sure this is it. Rinne is about as capable as Lundqvist was when he left NY. Doesn't really make sense to bring him in.

If you're looking to add a veteran presence do it with a skater, not a goalie. There are plenty of solid veteran options out there, and some that already have a rapport with potential coaching candidates. Nick Foligno would be at the top of my list even without Torts in the fold. There's really only a 4th line spot for him so I'm not sure if he'd welcome that. Pierre-Edouard Bellemare is another I'd be interested in. Nothing flashy but he's consistently been a reliable defensive veteran on good teams including Gallant's Golden Knights. He's 60% on FOs this season. Ian Cole is someone I'd be interested in on defense. Briefly played for Torts, but he's mostly been on competitive teams and he can bruise a bit. I'm more interested in some of the roleplaying veterans as opposed to the aging stars like Getzlaf, Perry, etc. I'd rather have a veteran who is already comfortable in a support role.

Go with kinkaid as backup for next season, they have a bunch of Gs in the system.

You don’t want a goalie in a leadership position because most are so removed from the team during game prep and in game. It’s irrelevant for the team needs

We haven't had any new ideas on this board recently. He had to come up with his own material.

Brooks' only good ideas are the ones he steals from here. Obviously, he didn't read up on this one. Pass.

Yeah, total fucking "NO" here.

Kinky played fine as a backup, and yes, I hope we unload Georgiev.

Hey Uncle Larry, for fuck sake man....you have better than this to troll us...Come on, man!! :rofl: