• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Seattle Kraken Expansion Draft Predictions

Yes would make things for the rangers a lot easier. Maybe rangers can entice them to take him with a 3rd rounder or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think a third rounder is worth the relatively miniscule cap space we'd lose with the buyout. More to the point, I don't think we should be giving Seattle anything to nudge them in one way or the other - whomever they take is fine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even at 37, he's the closest thing to a 1D they can get and would provide a valuable veteran presence. They're going to have to rely on all three pairs anyway.

Seattle is also already apparently hard after Driedger. I'd imagine he'd be their starter. Vanecek showed he can split games for a good team and would be a cheap backup.

Am I wrong in thinking that's a putrid defense?

Given what's available, yes. Most anyone available is some slightly overpaid 4-6 defenseman. So I shot for mostly younger options with the exception of Giordano. It's a largely unspectacular defense but they're safe picks. Fill out with UFAs not selected in expansion if need be. Sign someone like David Savard instead of keeping Zadorov.

Anaheim Henrique. Arizona Goligoski. Boston Ritchie. Buffalo McCabe. Calgary Giordano. Carolina Niederreiter. Chicago de Haan. Colorado Donskoi. Columbus Domi. Dallas Oleksiak. Detroit Stetcher. Edmonton Klefbom. Florida Driedger. LA Athanasiou. Minnesota Kahkonen. Montreal Price. Nashville Granlund. NJ Butcher. NYI Eberle. NYR Gauthier. Ottawa Dadonov. Philly Voracek. Pittsburgh Zucker. San Jose Donato. St Louis Dunn. Tampa Gourde. Toronto Kerfoot. Vancouver Harmonic. Washington Dillon. Winnipeg Demelo.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Anaheim Henrique. Arizona Goligoski. Boston Ritchie. Buffalo McCabe. Calgary Giordano. Carolina Niederreiter. Chicago de Haan. Colorado Donskoi. Columbus Domi. Dallas Oleksiak. Detroit Stetcher. Edmonton Klefbom. Florida Driedger. LA Athanasiou. Minnesota Kahkonen. Montreal Price. Nashville Granlund. NJ Butcher. NYI Eberle. NYR Gauthier. Ottawa Dadonov. Philly Voracek. Pittsburgh Zucker. San Jose Donato. St Louis Dunn. Tampa Gourde. Toronto Kerfoot. Vancouver Harmonic. Washington Dillon. Winnipeg Demelo.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

You're $11.5M over the cap with 6 UFAs and 4 RFAs. That's an expensive group.

Even at 37, he's the closest thing to a 1D they can get and would provide a valuable veteran presence. They're going to have to rely on all three pairs anyway.

Seattle is also already apparently hard after Driedger. I'd imagine he'd be their starter. Vanecek showed he can split games for a good team and would be a cheap backup.

fair, but you’re getting one year of giordano before he can walk. he’s not exactly a cornerstone you can build around

Made some adjustments.

SEA2.png

Drouin - Gourde - Tarasenko

McCann - Tierney - Bailey

Namestnikov - Athanasiou - Donskoi

Ritchie - Grant - Blackwell

Gambrell/L'Esperance

Giordano - DeMelo

Klefbom - Miller/Zadorov

Bean - Pettersson

Kukan

Allard

Driedger

Vanecek

There's $17M to sign the UFA and RFAs as well as pursue an FA C and D to improve upon what's there. Could trade one of Pettersson, Miller, or Zadorov given the abundance of 4-6 D.

Made some adjustments.

SEA2.png

Drouin - Gourde - Tarasenko

McCann - Tierney - Bailey

Namestnikov - Athanasiou - Donskoi

Ritchie - Grant - Blackwell

Gambrell/L'Esperance

Giordano - DeMelo

Klefbom - Miller/Zadorov

Bean - Pettersson

Kukan

Allard

Driedger

Vanecek

There's $17M to sign the UFA and RFAs as well as pursue an FA C and D to improve upon what's there. Could trade one of Pettersson, Miller, or Zadorov given the abundance of 4-6 D.

Also realizing Gourde there... Doubt they take that C group with Duchene and RyJo there.

Also realizing Gourde there... Doubt they take that C group with Duchene and RyJo there.

I mean there are a few picks there that are probably unlikely but there’s no way to account for side deals with cap friendly. I’d anticipate that at the very least Toronto and Tampa have side deals with Seattle. Why would Toronto lose recently acquired McCann? I’m sure Tampa would prefer to lose any of Johnson, Palat, or Killorn before Gourde. It’s harder to anticipate those exchanges because there wasn’t much consistency with Vegas’ deals.

I wonder what Nashville gives them to take Duchene or RyJo though. The C crop is thin, sure, but is it thin enough to take on either of those contracts with those two looking like less than half the players they used to be?

I'd guess Seattle's choices with Nashville are:

-Get paid to take one of those albatross contracts

-Take Jarnkrok or Sissons and fill a bottom 6 spot

-Negotiate with and take Granlund/Haula

Much easier using cap friendly.

Eberle Islanders, Drouin Canadiens, Domi Blue Jackets, Niederreiter Hurricanes, Gourde Lightning, Dadonov Senators, Donskoi Avalanche, Kerfoot Maple Leafs, Jarnkrok Predators, Pitlick Coyotes, Milano Ducks, Wagner Kings, Gambrell Sharks, Carpenter Blackhawks, Gadjovich Canucks, Gauthier Rangers, L'Esperance Stars, Merkley Devils.

Giordano Flames, Gostisbehere Flyers, Klefbom Oilers, Dillon Capitals, DeMelo Jets, Stetcher Red Wings, Clifton Bruins, Borgen Sabres, Dunn Blues.

DeSmith Penguins, Kahkonen Wild, Drieger Panthers.