Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Realignment of the NHL Will Hurt Rangers

Senior Member Mite Division Lord Al's Avatar

HNIC BSBH Legend
    I can't remember another article I've ever read with less credibility or worse takes.

Thankfully this guy is a blogger and not an actual beat reporter.

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    Pittsburgh and Columbus out, Boston and Buffalo in.

Not a huge difference. You still have to be one of the best to win. If this small change has you outside the playoffs rather than in, you're not a good team.
    Bretty Pancakes for #AJT2020

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Pittsburgh and Columbus out, Boston and Buffalo in.

Not a huge difference. You still have to be one of the best to win. If this small change has you outside the playoffs rather than in, you're not a good team.
    I think it's a big enough difference. I could have seen the Rangers with an outside chance at vaulting Pittsburgh/Columbus/Carolina in the Metro. I don't really see them vaulting Washington or Philly, so it only left one top 3 spot left. Given that Boston is essentially a slam dunk top 3 spot in division, outside chance is reduced to zero chance.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Like college football, it will be a weird season played under unusual circumstances with many teams having played little, or not at all, in 10 months. It's a recipe for unexpected results.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    I think it's a big enough difference. I could have seen the Rangers with an outside chance at vaulting Pittsburgh/Columbus/Carolina in the Metro. I don't really see them vaulting Washington or Philly, so it only left one top 3 spot left. Given that Boston is essentially a slam dunk top 3 spot in division, outside chance is reduced to zero chance.
    Don't think Boston is a slam dunk at all.

Pasta out until March, Marchand out until February, no Krug or Chara. Goalie a question mark. Everyone a year older.
    Last edited by Pete; 11-22-2020 at 07:10 AM.

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Both Boston and Washington are trending down in my mind.

Really, who cares, I don't see the point in complaining about divisional alignment when considering the current situation. It is what it is, and I'll just be thankful to have any kind of distraction.

Senior Member Midget Division
    We don't know if the NHL will keep the 12 team playoff, in which case worrying about the regular season would be pointless. Doesn't appear a decision has been made, nor what the playoff format would be.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Don't think Boston is a slam dunk at all.

Pasta out until March, Marchand out until February, no Krug or Chara. Goalie a question mark. Everyone a year older.
    That's fair. Didn't know they were that banged up on the injury front with their two best players.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    That's fair. Didn't know they were that banged up on the injury front with their two best players.
    Yeah, and then factor in a short season where it's hard to come back after missing camp and what not. Boston could be really behind in the standings by the time they're back in the lineup.

F-Boston

Converted Naysayer Midget Division
    Six of one, 1/2 dozen of the other, in my eyes. I don't give a rat's ass who they put in our division. This Rangers team is going to be a force to be reckoned with in about 2 years, no matter who we play against. They should be more worried about us, than we are of them!

I just wanna see them play....

SOON!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Six of one, 1/2 dozen of the other, in my eyes. I don't give a rat's ass who they put in our division. This Rangers team is going to be a force to be reckoned with in about 2 years, no matter who we play against. They should be more worried about us, than we are of them!

I just wanna see them play....

SOON!!
    *thumbs* I want my team to beat the best on their way to a Cup. Not looking for an easier path so it can be thrown back in our face when we win. Win like our '94 team either decisively or with formidable come-back ability...you just knew that team was in a position to win any game - they had heart and skills.

Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    *thumbs* I want my team to beat the best on their way to a Cup. Not looking for an easier path so it can be thrown back in our face when we win. Win like our '94 team either decisively or with formidable come-back ability...you just knew that team was in a position to win any game - they had heart and skills.
    I love where we're going with this franchise, big guy!! I now see the light you explained many years ago!!! I remember the feeling with that '94 team too; any team that came up against them shit their pants....I wanna feel that again in this squad, moving forward.

Kinda like my Raiders last night!! Damn, we gave those Chiefs a good battle!! I was proud of 'em!!!

I've got 2 teams on the rise!! I wanna see them both win in the same year!! Could you imaging the party I'll have for that????

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    I love where we're going with this franchise, big guy!! I now see the light you explained many years ago!!! I remember the feeling with that '94 team too; any team that came up against them shit their pants....I wanna feel that again in this squad, moving forward.

Kinda like my Raiders last night!! Damn, we gave those Chiefs a good battle!! I was proud of 'em!!!

I've got 2 teams on the rise!! I wanna see them both win in the same year!! Could you imaging the party I'll have for that????
    10 people or less?

Quote Originally Posted by RJWantsTheCup View Post
    10 people or less?
    Yeah! Imagine that!!! LOL

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    I mean realistically Boston is trending down with injuries, Tukka being Tukka, Caps are getting older, and we lose one of the better coached teams in Bjs and get Crosby and Malkin out of our division. Where is the “huge hit” from? It’s certainly not the easiest division but that’s laughable for the Sabres to be a hot take and a team to watch out for but not the Rangers? Yikes.

The Sabres haven't been relevant since Mogilny, and they were still no big deal. Maybe with the French Connection line back in the 70's with Rick Martin, Gil Perreault and Rene Robert....but other than that I never remember them being a force to reckon with.

Maybe....back....when...(Begin dream sequence....)

(I love this video!!!)

Senior Member Bantam Division
    The Sabres haven't been relevant since Mogilny, and they were still no big deal. Maybe with the French Connection line back in the 70's with Rick Martin, Gil Perreault and Rene Robert....but other than that I never remember them being a force to reckon with.

Maybe....back....when...(Begin dream sequence....)

(I love this video!!!)
    Rick Jeanneret is a national treasure

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    The fair point here is "okay, what the fuck do we do with playoffs?" because the 3/3/2wc layout is odd, especially since it's not entirely clear which conference gets the Canadian division and which gets the Central. That's a serious competition issue for the playoffs.

The rest of it is ridiculous - flipping Pitt and CBJ for Boston and Buffalo does utterly nothing to the competition level in the division. There are some very legitimate gripes here for some other teams (Minnesota and Dallas are trading travel for competition quality, Vegas probably isn't too happy to swap Vancouver, Edmonton, and Calgary for Dallas, Minnesota, and Colorado), but not for us.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast