• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Jeremy Bracco Not Tendered Qualifying Offer

The Dude

For the Wolf Pack? Sure. I'd imagine he has higher aspirations than that.

I say yes. I said it in the offseason thread. Yeah for Wolfpack but he would be a nice emergency call up. Low risk, high reward. If he wows you, then good. If not, he is AHL depth. He has had success at the AHL level so who knows.

For the Wolf Pack? Sure. I'd imagine he has higher aspirations than that.

Why only for the Pack? If Strome is a goner, there's a slot open for a center or two. Wouldn't be a bad idea to carry some actual forward depth instead of using Dmen as forwards. Never understood why Gorton never keeps any reserves. Not like the cap has been an issue..

Think about this....we just signed 107 scrubs for the pack but not someone like this that might surprise us.

Like Phil said, I'm sure Bracco doesn't want an AHL deal. He's been performing and waiting for his chance.

If he's signing anywhere, it's going to be on the notion that he is getting a chance at the NHL. I think the Rangers can afford a roster spot on a player like this. It's day 2 of free agency. I don't think the Rangers are finished with signings.

Just realized he's from LI too.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey/news/jeremy-bracco-not-qualified-by-leafs/

I remember his name coming up in discussions when we thought Georgiev was going to be traded to Toronto.

With zero forward depth, I'd say the Rangers should sign him.

Bracco would not make this team. He couldn't crack the Leafs lineup, which is the most top heavy team in the league. He was let go for nothing...

It's clear: he stinks.

He also doesn't fit any role on the Rangers roster. He's a top-six or bust type. The Rangers don't have a need for playmaking wingers. They need competent bottom-six depth that can kill penalties. Bracco is anything but that.

And if Kakko still doesn't get it? Buch doesn't progress? Gauthier doesn't pan out? Keeping an offensive minded forward around to push for competition isn't the worst thing they could do. He'd certainly compete for a spot as the Rangers really don't have many options for forwards.

Meh, just throwing it out there. As I said, his name was thrown around in discussions here about Georgiev possibly being traded. I know nothing about him other than what he was described as here.

I'd rather sign players like this than the ones they did yesterday. Atleast he has a higher ceiling that he may not have reached yet.

IMO, not being able to crack Torontos top six shouldn't be any kind of damning factor. That's a tall task.

I find it hard pressed to think many teams are going to sign him to anything but a 2 way contract. I think he's 23, so if its a 2 way contract, I don't see what the harm would have been. We signed a whole bunch of nobodys and at the least, Bracco also would be good exposure to the expansion draft. Of course this depends on if he would even want to come here, but being from LI, there's a decent chance.

And if Kakko still doesn't get it? Buch doesn't progress? Gauthier doesn't pan out? Keeping an offensive minded forward around to push for competition isn't the worst thing they could do. He'd certainly compete for a spot as the Rangers really don't have many options for forwards.

Meh, just throwing it out there. As I said, his name was thrown around in discussions here about Georgiev possibly being traded. I know nothing about him other than what he was described as here.

I'd rather sign players like this than the ones they did yesterday. Atleast he has a higher ceiling that he may not have reached yet.

IMO, not being able to crack Torontos top six shouldn't be any kind of damning factor. That's a tall task.

Buch doesn't progress? He's a 40-50 point NHL player right now. What does Bracco do to replace that? He's not even a proven NHLer yet.

I'm also not banking on Bracco "getting it" while Kakko doesn't. Bracco at four years his senior hasn't "gotten it" well enough to warrant any time from Toronto. His own former head coach in Sheldon Keefe didn't look to him as an option when Keefe got the head coaching gig.

I don't disagree that Bracco would be useful in the AHL but I'm not going to pretend he's really an option for the Rangers. He isn't. He hasn't been given a shot in the NHL for a reason.

Are you kidding? Rangers have a completely full top 12 plus Kravstov trying to break in, plus they're likely looking for established NHL fourth liners right now.