Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What To Do With Pick 22?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect

What To Do With Pick 22?

Thoughts? Figured we could get a conversation going about our other 1st overall pick.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Mr.wiskers's Avatar
    Draft Perrault, Grieg,or Holloway.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Package it up for a 2C or a LD. With the flat cap there will be surprising opportunities.

If anyone has some good ideas of picks that might be around at 22, I’d love to see scouting reports, clips, whatever to help the discussion.

//reported BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by tphilly5 View Post
    Package it up for a 2C or a LD. With the flat cap there will be surprising opportunities.
    I think this is the move and I’m leaning toward LD, preferably one that won’t need a contract in a year.
    #imthebadguy

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Trade it.
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Yeah.
    I think you need to really look into what the pick, packaged with one or more out of Georgiev/Strome/AdA can bring back in terms of 2C/LD. That's the first port of call.

Converted Naysayer Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    Yeah.
    I think you need to really look into what the pick, packaged with one or more out of Georgiev/Strome/AdA can bring back in terms of 2C/LD. That's the first port of call.
    We could really get a good player with that type of package to fill the 2C hole.

Formerly Richter Redux Midget Division
    I can hear the chants now: Do-Mi! Do-Mi! Do-Mi!
    Hidden Content

“'Things aren't what they used to be' is the rallying cry of small minds. When men say things used to be better, they invariably mean they were better for them, because they were young, and had all their hopes intact. The world is bound to look a darker place as you slide into the grave.” Joe Abercrombie, Best Served Cold.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Lothbrok View Post
    I can hear the chants now: Do-Mi! Do-Mi! Do-Mi!
    *swoons*
    GORTON 2020

HNIC BSBH Legend
    There is no way I would trade that pick in any package for Max Domi alone...nor would I package it with Strome, unless I'm getting someone significantly younger and cheaper.

The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    Domi is 25 — he's right in his prime. The cheaper aspect, sure — he's going into his third deal and has arb rights — but he's definitely in the right age range IMO. And he's a natural center in a weird spot with the Habs, who are pretty locked up down the middle with Danault, Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, and Evans.

Domi wants to play center, so something has to give, which is why so many Habs fans are thinking trade. While I'd personally rather not double down on the MAGA quotient, Domi is, on paper, exactly the kind of player who'd fit a Quinn-coached team. I wouldn't do Strome and 22 for Domi straight up, but I probably would if the Habs give up one of their three second-rounders (theirs, CHI, STL) to offset.

Strome and 22 for Domi and whatever the highest-seeded 2nd-rounder is? That's a pretty good hockey trade (and washes on MAGA, so we gucci).
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Domi is 25 — he's right in his prime. The cheaper aspect, sure — he's going into his third deal and has arb rights — but he's definitely in the right age range IMO. And he's a natural center in a weird spot with the Habs, who are pretty locked up down the middle with Danault, Suzuki, Kotkaniemi, and Evans.

Domi wants to play center, so something has to give, which is why so many Habs fans are thinking trade. While I'd personally rather not double down on the MAGA quotient, Domi is, on paper, exactly the kind of player who'd fit a Quinn-coached team. I wouldn't do Strome and 22 for Domi straight up, but I probably would if the Habs give up one of their three second-rounders (theirs, CHI, STL) to offset.

Strome and 22 for Domi and whatever the highest-seeded 2nd-rounder is? That's a pretty good hockey trade (and washes on MAGA, so we gucci).
    I don't think that's enough to get Domi, but if it is, where do I sign?

Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    I don't think that's enough to get Domi, but if it is, where do I sign?
    It's Strome, 22 for Domi, 47. That's not that off, is it?
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Midget Division

LOL.

I would do that deal, but I think Rangers would have to add a little bit. A 4th rounder or some lame prospect. I would still do it tho.

It's Strome, 22 for Domi, 47. That's not that off, is it?
    Maybe I'm overvaluing Domi and undervaluing Strome's worth on the market. If I were a GM, I wouldn't put much weight behind Strome's performance yet personally. I'd also think Montreal would want to get someone younger or just as young as Domi.

I'd guess they'd be more apt to look at Buchnevich than Strome. Same deal with Buchnevich instead of Strome. Yes or no?

Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Maybe I'm overvaluing Domi and undervaluing Strome's worth on the market. If I were a GM, I wouldn't put much weight behind Strome's performance yet personally. I'd also think Montreal would want to get someone younger or just as young as Domi.

I'd guess they'd be more apt to look at Buchnevich than Strome. Same deal with Buchnevich instead of Strome. Yes or no?
    OK, give them Andersson in the deal. Done?

No on Buch. Not that I'm averse to trading him — I just don't think that helps. You create a hole at RW (which is already thin) to fill a hole at C. It's digging yourself into a new hole to get out of the one you're in now.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

OK, give them Andersson in the deal. Done?

No on Buch. Not that I'm averse to trading him — I just don't think that helps. You create a hole at RW (which is already thin) to fill a hole at C. It's digging yourself into a new hole to get out of the one you're in now.
    Strome can shift to RW where he's played before, and on top of that you can keep him with Panarin. You may also see Kreider shift to RW or Kakko move up.

Kreider/Lafreniere - Zibanejad - Kakko/Kreider
    Panarin - Domi - Strome

I've been one of Strome's biggest critics here in the past, but I also realize he seems to have good camaraderie with everyone which is important for establishing team chemistry.

You also open up plenty of options with the lineup, like shifting Strome down to 3rd line C if any one of Chytil/Kravtsov/Gauthier start making waves on the wing. Now center arguably becomes a strength.

"Can shift to RW," presumes such a thing can be done with ease. I don't believe that to be true. Taking a career LW (Kreider) and telling him "you play the other side now," isn't seamless except in video games.

Strome, at least, has played all three forward positions before (but clearly excelled at center). I'd be a lot more comfortable with this if there were some historical merit to it like Giroux with the Flyers, where you know moving the player to a new position can work pretty seamlessly.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

I’m not really sure Montreal would be interested in Strome. They probably would get more out of resigning Domi than trading for Strome and trying to get him under the cap for more than a year and have it be reasonable. I’d think thry would be more interested in ADA

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast