Thread: Rangers Sign F Morgan Barron to Entry-Level Contract

The prince that was promised BSBH Legend

Rangers Sign F Morgan Barron to Entry-Level Contract

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Mite Division Costa's Avatar
    Hopefully he's on the opening night lineup. If he's your regular 3C until he hits UFA, I'd have no problem with that.
    Rangers are not committed to winning. It's an old boys club.

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Costa View Post
    Hopefully he's on the opening night lineup. If he's your regular 3C until he hits UFA, I'd have no problem with that.
    Hopefully not.
    jeez, what happened to the team over the summer?!?
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Hopefully not.
    jeez, what happened to the team over the summer?!?
    I'll take the glass half full approach on his statement. If he is on the team it's because he earned it.

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    Well, unfortunately, its a big push to get him in the lineup from people who have never seen him play.

For comparison, Vesey is 10x the skater, a much better shooter, and a much more well-rounded player, that put up 20 more points at the same age as Barron.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Well, unfortunately, its a big push to get him in the lineup from people who have never seen him play.

For comparison, Vesey is 10x the skater, a much better shooter, and a much more well-rounded player, that put up 20 more points at the same age as Barron.
    I wonder if the excitement is the thinking that we found a diamond in the rough in the 6th round so there's more hype?

Kids young. Talented, sure. potential to be a good NHLer, absolutely. Lets not assume he's NHL ready right away though. Him jumping right into the NHL next season would be a HUGE leap

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post
    I wonder if the excitement is the thinking that we found a diamond in the rough in the 6th round so there's more hype?

Kids young. Talented, sure. potential to be a good NHLer, absolutely. Lets not assume he's NHL ready right away though. Him jumping right into the NHL next season would be a HUGE leap
    It's because he's developing a lot faster had his age than Vesey did. He's already made huge improvements since he was drafted.

I don't think he'll be in the NHL next year, but it's not like there's nothing to be interested in watching.

Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    His tools are a lot more intriguing to me than Vesey's ever were. I'd bet he becomes a much more productive and useful NHL player. He might be ready to start next season, but if not who cares? His time will come soon enough.

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post

He's going to likely need a year in Hartford, but we should absolutely be excited about Barron. He's skilled, smart, has size, and has worn the C pretty routinely for his teams.

We're not looking for him to be Jimmy Vesey; we're looking for him to be a solid bottom 6-er who can play up and down the lineup as needed.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Deleted Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    He's going to likely need a year in Hartford, but we should absolutely be excited about Barron. He's skilled, smart, has size, and has worn the C pretty routinely for his teams.

We're not looking for him to be Jimmy Vesey; we're looking for him to be a solid bottom 6-er who can play up and down the lineup as needed.
    Isn't that Jimmy vesey...

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by torontonyr View Post
    Isn't that Jimmy vesey...
    No, Jimmy Vesey thinks he's Teemu Selanne and he's actually Tyler Ennis
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Senior Member Mite Division MuddyInTheMiddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    No, Jimmy Vesey thinks he's Teemu Selanne and he's actually Tyler Ennis
    Jimmy Vesey's delusions aside; I would be thrilled if Barron develops into a cost controlled 6th round pick with Vesey/Ennis like production in a bottom 6 role.