Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: F1 2020 Resumes with Austria Race

#68 Яромир Ягр Junior Division
    Yeah it was a very tricky race with the ever changing conditions. In the beginning it requires full wets for sure. But once it started drying, it became a case of who managed their inters the best. After the track dried even more, there were a few that were still running on such old inters that they had effectively worn down to slick tires, and as long as they kept them at the right temperature, they had a decent amount of grip (e.g. Hamilton, Perez, Norris).

Name a more iconic duo BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    Back to STR for a minute...after his pit stop he was complaining that his new tires were graining almost immediately and had no grip. Thatís when his voice was nearly squeaking over the radio and you knew he lost composure.

So what happened there? Other guys on Inters were going quickly and having a pretty good time.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Ahhhhhm okay - thx Morphinity. I was thinking that someone might have really screwed-up with tire pressure over inflation but this ends that theory.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Watched the entire race again, with my son this time. It was just as good as seeing it the first time. VET showing sportsmanship at the end was great too.

#68 Яромир Ягр Junior Division
    Yeah I thought it was only fitting that Vettel was the first to congratulate Hamilton at the end of the race. The undisputed top 2 F1 drivers of the last decade.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456