• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ryan Lindgren to Have Hearing for Illegal Check to the Head of Joonas Donskoi

Phil

Pete,

Can I get my enforcer...ummm, I mean, "tight-checking player" yet? ;)

Please????

Come on man...just a nice big dog to sit in the yard and look pretty!!! I promise!!

..and he can play on the 4th line and smile a lot....I swear!!!!

I'll make sure to feed him every day, and let him out before I go to school every morning!!!

:deadhorse:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe he should play golf if the crime was as bad as you say. I would say the entire sequence was a pretty normal hockey play in todays game when somebody takes a hard hit to the head. However you don't think 48 would of tried to do the same thing Kadri did every time if he was on the ice. Would he too be charged with assault or would we be patting him on the back if Zibs. Chytil, Panarin or whoever were lying on the ice?

Normal it shouldn’t be. Lindgren did not deliberately hit the guy in the head, it was an accident. For that he got beat up. If it was Marchand who intentionally tries to hurt other players, then it would be different. If 48 did what Kadri did in the same situation, i’d be saying the same thing. Bottom line is that im against that kind of a retaliation. IMO Lindgren got jumped and assaulted. He was not a willing combatant.

Normal it shouldn?t be. Lindgren did not deliberately hit the guy in the head, it was an accident. For that he got beat up. If it was Marchand who intentionally tries to hurt other players, then it would be different. If 48 did what Kadri did in the same situation, i?d be saying the same thing. Bottom line is that im against that kind of a retaliation. IMO Lindgren got jumped and assaulted. He was not a willing combatant.
He.

Dropped.

His.

Gloves.

When you throw a hit like that, whether it's clean or not, the other team is going to take exception, no doubt!!! ...unless it's the Rangers of course.

But seriously, Lindgren hits are starting to draw the ire of the opposing teams. They're clean hits, but they are hard and can knock guys out of a game. The other side should take exception to them... The way to combat that as a franchise, is to go out and start bringing in a player or two that will make the other teams think twice before taking liberties with our players.

I'm cool with an enforcing type type player, if the guy can play the game, and contribute on the 4th line....and also scare the living shit out of anyone who attempts to mess with our guys.

We're gonna need it down the road, but it sure could help some of these kids right now who may be a little timid with the puck, and around the net.

When you throw a hit like that, whether it's clean or not, the other team is going to take exception, no doubt!!! ...unless it's the Rangers of course.

But seriously, Lindgren hits are starting to draw the ire of the opposing teams. They're clean hits, but they are hard and can knock guys out of a game. The other side should take exception to them... The way to combat that as a franchise, is to go out and start bringing in a player or two that will make the other teams think twice before taking liberties with our players.

I'm cool with an enforcing type type player, if the guy can play the game, and contribute on the 4th line....and also scare the living shit out of anyone who attempts to mess with our guys.

We're gonna need it down the road, but it sure could help some of these kids right now who may be a little timid with the puck, and around the net.

LIndgren is taking his share of the big hard hits too

Lindgren got jumped. He didn?t do anything wrong but assaulted and beat the shit out of. If this happened outside, kadri would be in jail. IMO kadri deserves more than what he got
He didn't get jumped. He may be a rookie but he's been playing this game long enough to know that a hit that he just delivered is going to be answered. He was ready... he just got beat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

He didn't get jumped. He may be a rookie but he's been playing this game long enough to know that a hit that he just delivered is going to be answered. He was ready... he just got beat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I didn't see him as a willing combatant. I saw him get jumped tho. Agree to disagree, I guess.

I just don't like when someone has to get his ass kicked for throwing a hit. IF players don't like big hits, have the NHLPA take them out of the game.

LIndgren is taking his share of the big hard hits too

They all do at one time or another...that's the game.

But a hit like that: one that brings everyone out of their seat???

You gotta answer for it....period. ...and you can bet your last nickel that their "big" guy is gonna take exception. That's what they do. ;)

Kardi crossed checked Lindgren in the back and dropped his gloves and started throwing punches as Lindgren was turning around. Lindgren has two choices, drop his gloves and attempt to protect himself or stand there and take it. So really he had no choice because its human nature to try to protect yourself. Kadri jumped him. Would be different if they squared off and fought.
  • Like 1

His gloves were barely off. It's not the same as challenging and squaring a guy up with both dropping their gloves. Go watch the replay again.

Lindgren didn't have to drop his gloves at all. Hard stop. Dropping gloves makes you a willing combatant.

They all do at one time or another...that's the game.

But a hit like that: one that brings everyone out of their seat???

You gotta answer for it....period. ...and you can bet your last nickel that their "big" guy is gonna take exception. That's what they do. ;)

take the hitting out of the game then. if someone has to "answer" for every hard hit, maybe there shouldn't be any hard hitting. maybe they should be pushing instead, or just cursing at each other.

It most certainly does not. Kadri squaring off with him and giving him the opportunity to fight or leave would change the situation. Lindgren was in full self defense mode after getting jumped from behind.

Yea, it does.

Also tell me again how he was "jumped from behind"...Go watch Bertuzzi/Moore. Tha's "jumped".

Screen-Shot-2020-01-09-at-12-29-00-PM.png

Watch the video. He turns, faces Kadri and they both drop the gloves.