• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Devils Trade Taylor Hall to ARI for Picks and Prospects

Phil

Link:

So the Devils get 3 B/C prospects and two picks for a guy who was the league MVP just two seasons ago.

Not a direct player comparison but this is like if the Rangers traded Lias Andersson, Joey Keane, Lauri Pajuniemi and some picks for Taylor Hall. I'd be very disappointed as a Devils fan.

Forgot where I read it, but speculation was that he wanted to get out of NJ because he viewed it as another perpetual rebuild like Edmonton. Despite Arizona currently being in first place in the Pacific conference; that situation sounds exactly like the type of dysfunctional franchise at his last 2 stops. Would not surprise me at all if Arizona asked for a negotiating window as part of trade and were told that Hall's camp wanted to "wait until after the season to talk about a contract extension", hence the mediocre return.

Devils really had no leverage.

The needed to get something.

It's widely known Hall is going to test free agency.

Also widely know Hall is a douche and some rooms might not want to take that chance.

Shero was probably resigned to trading him out of conference since it's still half a season left.

Even if it's not a stellar return, have to think it was the best deal out there.

I wouldn't use this as a barometer for a Kreider return... At least I hope not.

Be lucky if Kreider nets a 2nd if that's the return for Hall.

Arizona gave a 1st round pick that is only top 3 protected, a conditional 3rd that can become a 2nd, and a couple of B-ish prospects. I agree that this probably reduces the return most were thinking Kreider might fetch, which was maybe a lottery protected 1st rounder, and is probably more like what Zuccarello returned with easier to achieve conditionals. Maybe a 3rd round pick and a conditional 2nd that becomes a 1st if Kreider resigns or 1-2 playoff series are won.

Link:

So the Devils get 3 B/C prospects and two picks for a guy who was the league MVP just two seasons ago.

Or you could look at it: Devils got 3 B/C prospects and two picks for Adam Larsson :eek: