Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kreider Linked to Arizona

The prince that was promised BSBH Legend

Kreider Linked to Arizona

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    We'll get Crouse back and start the cycle anew.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Another deal with Arizona?

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    I'm not interested in trading Kreider yet. Let's see where we're at by the deadline.
    GORTON 2020

Currently in the Quinn-Bin Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    I'm not interested in trading Kreider yet. Let's see where we're at by the deadline.
    Unless we get something that blows us away...I'm with ya, 31!

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Stepan or no deal
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    I dont think you wait for the deadline to get a better deal, if you intend to trade Kreider. The last few deadline guys didnt go for that much. And the Rangers wont get "blown away", either. Lots of people thought Zucc would return a 1st +. Although Kreider is a commodity with his size, speed, strength, if you plan on trading him, theres no sense in waiting.

Plus, with AZ, they'd need to take back salary. The only expiring deal is Soderberg.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Currently in the Quinn-Bin Bantam Division
    I'm not holding my breath for a good deal with Kreider. If I can see him performing at 50%, I'm sure lots of teams see it as well. We'd be lucky to get a 2nd rounder for him...but there's no way we re-sign him

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I dont think you wait for the deadline to get a better deal, if you intend to trade Kreider. The last few deadline guys didnt go for that much. And the Rangers wont get "blown away", either. Lots of people thought Zucc would return a 1st +. Although Kreider is a commodity with his size, speed, strength, if you plan on trading him, theres no sense in waiting.

Plus, with AZ, they'd need to take back salary. The only expiring deal is Soderberg.
    I normally agree with trading a guy earlier rather than later, but that seems to seldom happen. And with Kreider, right now, as he isn’t really going all that well, if they wait, there’s a chance he gets it going. Have to believe he gets hot at some point and starts to pot a few more pucks.

Quote Originally Posted by RangersIn7 View Post
    I normally agree with trading a guy earlier rather than later, but that seems to seldom happen. And with Kreider, right now, as he isn’t really going all that well, if they wait, there’s a chance he gets it going. Have to believe he gets hot at some point and starts to pot a few more pucks.
    Nah. Teams know what they are getting in Kreider. His performance has been consistent year to year.

From the outside, you see they added a LW, and Zibanejad has been out for half of the season. Easy to understand why play/numbers might dip. I think most teams, if they even notice, would consider it cyclical, and not a decline in the player.
    Also, if a team is potentially looking to re-sign kreider, they might want more than 6 weeks to see his play.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Nah. Teams know what they are getting in Kreider. His performance has been consistent year to year.

From the outside, you see they added a LW, and Zibanejad has been out for half of the season. Easy to understand why play/numbers might dip. I think most teams, if they even notice, would consider it cyclical, and not a decline in the player.
    Also, if a team is potentially looking to re-sign kreider, they might want more than 6 weeks to see his play.
    I tend to agree with this. The TDL as an NHL event is now a bust because most teams do their business well before.

A-hee-ahee ha-hee BSBH Prospect
    Just one goal in his last ten games. Is it too early for his dry spell? I wish he was having it elsewhere.

I don't really see what Arizona has to offer. Soderstrom maybe but he feels extraneous with the number of defensemen in the system. I doubt there's any chance you're getting Hayton for Kreider. Fingers crossed Arizona somehow beats Colorado on a Hall offer and then you get to deal with Colorado instead.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Kreider in a typical slump after having a nice little streak for a few games where he was really visible in front of the net and making things happen.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Mr.wiskers's Avatar

Kreider Linked to Arizona

I was actually thinking Hayton and Crouse for Kreider—this of course would include a contract extension signed by Kreider. Then we can finally dump Haley.

Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Mite Division Costa's Avatar
    Unless 'Zona is one of the 11 teams on his M-NTC list.
    Rangers are not committed to winning. It's an old boys club.

If he has a decent agent, it’s on it.

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    If he has a decent agent, it’s on it.
    Why? The way Biz talks about Arizona on Chiclets you'd think it's a fucking paradise for hockey players.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    Why? The way Biz talks about Arizona on Chiclets you'd think it's a fucking paradise for hockey players.
    Stepan loves it. Kessel loves it. I've actually never read about a player who didn't like it. And they're actually good now, so that makes a huge difference.
    GORTON 2020

Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    I'm not sure why we would need to see where we're at by the deadline. In fact, it's the opposite of what they should be thinking in my opinion.
    Holding on to him because they're chasing a playoff spot would be a terrible decision. This team is just starting out, it's not some sort of Columbus scenario where you might accept losing players for nothing because of a last hurrah with the core of the team.

I mean, if the right deal isn't there at the moment so be it. But the let's see where we are mindset worries me.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    I'm not sure why we would need to see where we're at by the deadline. In fact, it's the opposite of what they should be thinking in my opinion.
    Holding on to him because they're chasing a playoff spot would be a terrible decision. This team is just starting out, it's not some sort of Columbus scenario where you might accept losing players for nothing because of a last hurrah with the core of the team.

I mean, if the right deal isn't there at the moment so be it. But the let's see where we are mindset worries me.
    Totally agree.

This team is a defensive sieve that bleeds high quality chances. They have zero business even trying to squeak into the playoffs.

It would be borderline irresponsible to keep UFAs that you don't intend to re sign for a run at 4 extra games.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast