• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Too Early to Start the 'Fire Quinn' Thread?

Art20c

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not looking to carry Quinn's jock, but I have to say that when the team played with speed and purpose, like last night v. BUF, our squad looks much more cohesive and capable. If the coach can get them to sustain that kind of commitment and effort, things might just work our for David.

I'm buying into Quinn as well, Papa Bear! I like the no bullshit approach, and holding guys accountable for their play. These guys are young and it's still going to take time to mature; some longer than others, but last night I saw a glimmer of what can be. We beat up on a very good Sabres team last night and made it look pretty easy.

Good things are on the way....just gotta take the good with bad. :)

I'm not looking to carry Quinn's jock, but I have to say that when the team played with speed and purpose, like last night v. BUF, our squad looks much more cohesive and capable. If the coach can get them to sustain that kind of commitment and effort, things might just work our for David.

Agreed. This was true under AV as well.

System is pretty irrelevant if you don't skate.

I'm buying into Quinn as well, Papa Bear! I like the no bullshit approach, and holding guys accountable for their play. These guys are young and it's still going to take time to mature; some longer than others, but last night I saw a glimmer of what can be. We beat up on a very good Sabres team last night and made it look pretty easy.

Good things are on the way....just gotta take the good with bad. :)

one win and you're already buying into Harlequinn? don't be so fast, they'll lose the next 3

one win and you're already buying into Harlequinn? don't be so fast, they'll lose the next 3

I've been pretty much with him all along, CC. I just like his approach and his responses in the pressers. He's a very novice NHL coach himself and he's going to learn more and more as he goes along as well. I don't wanna compare him to Al Arbour, but Big Al had his trials and tribulations with that early Islander team before they got their shit together.

Quinn's got the right idea with his approach though, and that's what I like....right now he's just a mad scientist trying to find the right lines and formula for success. He'll get there too.

Young Players + Young Coach + Lots of patience = We'll get there ;)

I've been pretty much with him all along, CC. I just like his approach and his responses in the pressers.

I'm still on the fence, because I don't think he does anything to get more out of the roster than the talent suggests.

But I will say that it's easy to buy into him because of the way he handles pressers and answers questions.

I'm still on the fence, because I don't think he does anything to get more out of the roster than the talent suggests.

But I will say that it's easy to buy into him because of the way he handles pressers and answers questions.

He's no Gruden, but I kinda like the message he's sending, Future. It's gonna take time with Quinn too, I think. He's so new. I can't go crazy on the guy...Not yet anyway. I wanna give the guy a chance and see how these kids grow with him. I think he's gonna be pretty good, given the time.

@Ozzy - great reference to Arbour #truth

I had a chance this morning to watch all of the post-game interviews and there is a common thread - support. Players talked about their recent team 'talks' and the need to perform on the ice -- show the world we mean what we say kind of attitude. They said they were supporting each other by being much more talkative on the ice and supporting the play by hustling to support the break-out or moving into positions to advance the play. Henrik's comments were really solid about the idea surrounding communication and execution. He saw a team in front of him playing together and not against each other. Maybe it's starting to come together.

Saw the postgame this AM. Quinn saying a lot of what we're saying; enough with the overpassing, shoot and go to the net, and take a man and be physical in your own end.

NYR had a power play early where they passed, and passed, and passed, and passed and then, of course, one errant pass and the puck is out of the zone, PP over without a shot. Skill is important, but the other team has skill too and this game is too fast to not take open shots. Quinn during the timeout was screaming something like shooting the f__in' puck. The opposition every night from top to bottom in the NHL is too talented to allow you to hold these pretty passing displays; sooner or later either you're gonna screw up or they're gonna make a play. And while it is not 1994, for the opposition this team is a very easy night of nonmolestation camped in front of the NYR's net. Break ins skate around the net without any care they might find themselves planted in the end boards. That has to change.

And then they played BOS. Scratch the BS above!

Watched that one through my fingers last night, big guy!! No hits, no shots...no GOOD!

Saw the postgame this AM. Quinn saying a lot of what we're saying; enough with the overpassing, shoot and go to the net, and take a man and be physical in your own end.

NYR had a power play early where they passed, and passed, and passed, and passed and then, of course, one errant pass and the puck is out of the zone, PP over without a shot. Skill is important, but the other team has skill too and this game is too fast to not take open shots. Quinn during the timeout was screaming something like shooting the f__in' puck. The opposition every night from top to bottom in the NHL is too talented to allow you to hold these pretty passing displays; sooner or later either you're gonna screw up or they're gonna make a play. And while it is not 1994, for the opposition this team is a very easy night of nonmolestation camped in front of the NYR's net. Break ins skate around the net without any care they might find themselves planted in the end boards. That has to change.

Bugg, you got it! After the time out and Quinn roasted their asses, they started hitting and got Boston to turn it over...even had a pretty good scoring chance or 2. This team is WAY too soft, and doesn't get the puck to the net enough. That shit's gotta change. I know they're young and all that, but get the puck to the net and finish your checks!!! It's "See Spot Run" Hockey 101...

I was all up for giving Quinn time to do something here, but I am starting to get to my breaking point with him. First off, last night, Hank was clearly off his game after that first goal. Once it was 3-1, he should have pulled Hank because his head was no longer in the game. Also, I don't understand why Lias wasn't used in more minutes with Zib out instead of McKegg. Gives he kid a shot, its not going to kill them. I also don't understand why he won't give Kakko the minutes. In the Buffalo game he had just over 11 minutes all game. That was a game to give him ice time and let him play. I honestly am doubting that Quinn is the guy to run this team.

It's almost as if Quinn is a ice fisherman that is beginning to cut the hole around where he is standing. Pretty soon it's gonna' be...ooooooops! While I like most of what I hear, the 'losing the room' part of this process is beginning to creep in. Henrik looks totally defeated by what's in front of him and the lack of consistent team effort. Q talks about effort too.

My question is this; Is the cohesive effort we saw v. BUF an outlier for this squad or is it that they are playing hard and up to their less-than-capable capabilities? THAT would be a problem Houston. What if our talent pool is just a damp spot?

It's almost as if Quinn is a ice fisherman that is beginning to cut the hole around where he is standing. Pretty soon it's gonna' be...ooooooops! While I like most of what I hear, the 'losing the room' part of this process is beginning to creep in. Henrik looks totally defeated by what's in front of him and the lack of consistent team effort. Q talks about effort too.

My question is this; Is the cohesive effort we saw v. BUF an outlier for this squad or is it that they are playing hard and up to their less-than-capable capabilities? THAT would be a problem Houston. What if our talent pool is just a damp spot?

Buffalo has been playing well.

Boston is a good team.

The structure, discipline, and teamwork on Boston are on another level. These are the games/difference we will see with a rebuilding Rangers squad over the next 2 seasons. (Unfortunately, we expected to be seeing Chytil and Kravtsov, instead we get McKegg and LW Brendan Smith... makes the losing/"rebuild" much tougher to watch/accept)

Essentially, they are exactly like they were last season, with a bit less talent. I'm sure someone can dig up my posts, making jokes about Chytil on the 4th line, Andersson in Hartford, watching scrubs taking icetime, etc. Fans had certain expectations of what they wanted to see this season, and its not happening. The expectations were not the same last season.

You can probably dig up 100 posts from Pete telling me to wait until the 20 game mark to decide. Our expectations have changed more than anything.

Essentially, they are exactly like they were last season, with a bit less talent. I'm sure someone can dig up my posts, making jokes about Chytil on the 4th line, Andersson in Hartford, watching scrubs taking icetime, etc. Fans had certain expectations of what they wanted to see this season, and its not happening. The expectations were not the same last season.

You can probably dig up 100 posts from Pete telling me to wait until the 20 game mark to decide. Our expectations have changed more than anything.

I'm buying into the patience thing this year... And next season!!! Yeah, I wanna see Kakko score 50 goals, and yeah I wanna see the kids show me the future is bright, and I'm sure it will be....in time. This part is the hardest though. We still have lots of "housework" to take care of getting rid of the old guard and their contracts.

It's so hard to say this, but I'm eyeballing the '21-'22 season as it's "go time".