Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 62

Thread: NJD Acquire Nikita Gusev from VGK for 2021 2nd-Round Pick, 2020 3rd-Round Pick

  1. #1
    The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    88,759
    Rep Power
    515

    NJD Acquire Nikita Gusev from VGK for 2021 2nd-Round Pick, 2020 3rd-Round Pick

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  2. #2
    Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    30,326
    Rep Power
    388
    Fuck
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  3. #3
    ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    G1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    18,076
    Rep Power
    215
    Thunderdome gets more thundery.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

  4. #4
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Gravesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    2,094
    Rep Power
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Fuck
    This.

  5. #5
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    12,502
    Rep Power
    156
    Devils are going to be good. Should be a funnnnnnnn season.
    GORTON 2020

  6. #6
    ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    G1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    18,076
    Rep Power
    215
    Sounds like they inked him to a 2y/9m deal

    https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2019/07/29...two-year-deal/
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

  7. #7
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    7,819
    Rep Power
    169
    I can't understand why anyone would be afraid of a scorer from the KHL especially one who, unlike Radulov, will never have a physical advantage on the guy across from him.

    The guy is going to score ~50 points, a lot of it on the PP, and the Devils are still going to be terrible.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Midget Division
    rmc51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,899
    Rep Power
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    I can't understand why anyone would be afraid of a scorer from the KHL especially one who, unlike Radulov, will never have a physical advantage on the guy across from him.

    The guy is going to score ~50 points, a lot of it on the PP, and the Devils are still going to be terrible.
    The Devils will be a good team with a solid shot at making the playoffs.

  9. #9
    Moderator Pee-Wee Division
    RodrigueGabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    DC Area
    Posts
    889
    Rep Power
    67
    Shero saying "Jeff who?"

    Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  10. #10
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Junior Division
    Keirik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    9,915
    Rep Power
    153
    they're going to be much improved. However, they still are going to let up 7 goals per game.

  11. #11
    Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    NYR2711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    West Babylon
    Posts
    13,954
    Rep Power
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    they're going to be much improved. However, they still are going to let up 7 goals per game.
    Plus the Subanator is gonna be taking lots of dumb penalties playing against the Rangers, Caps, Pens and Flyers. He is easy to get off his game and he isn’t used to playing this many games against these teams.

  12. #12
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    79,922
    Rep Power
    607
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    Plus the Subanator is gonna be taking lots of dumb penalties playing against the Rangers, Caps, Pens and Flyers. He is easy to get off his game and he isn’t used to playing this many games against these teams.
    What? He played it Montreal. Pretty much same deal.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Gravesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    2,094
    Rep Power
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    they're going to be much improved. However, they still are going to let up 7 goals per game.
    Not unlike a certain team in blue.

  14. #14
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    7,819
    Rep Power
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    The Devils will be a good team with a solid shot at making the playoffs.
    They're going to suck and could have a shot at the playoffs, because that's the nature of the East right now. They sucked with Taylor Hall, with Subban, Gusev and Hughes...maybe they're just bad instead of suck?

    The only real difference is going to be on the PP.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Squirt Division
    RJWantsTheCup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Holbrook, NY
    Posts
    435
    Rep Power
    26
    Eastern Conference has probably 4 definite playoff teams (Tampa, Boston, Toronto & Washington) and then every other team has an outside shot at the playoffs except probably Ottawa & Detroit.

  16. #16
    Banned Junior Division
    Albatross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    6,442
    Rep Power
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    They're going to suck and could have a shot at the playoffs, because that's the nature of the East right now. They sucked with Taylor Hall, with Subban, Gusev and Hughes...maybe they're just bad instead of suck?

    The only real difference is going to be on the PP.
    Taylor Hall was injured most of last season. The season before the Devils made playoffs. Not sure what you're talking about

  17. #17
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    7,819
    Rep Power
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    Taylor Hall was injured most of last season. The season before the Devils made playoffs. Not sure what you're talking about
    The Devils sucked the year they made the playoffs. They could have finished 14th as easily as 8th.

  18. #18
    Banned Junior Division
    Albatross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    6,442
    Rep Power
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    The Devils sucked the year they made the playoffs. They could have finished 14th as easily as 8th.
    what are you talking about? they finished with 97 points. next team in the Metropolitan Division finished with 83 points. not sure how your math works

    they had no one on that team except Hall, a rookie, and Palmieri and still made playoffs.

  19. #19
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    7,819
    Rep Power
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    what are you talking about? they finished with 97 points. next team in the Metropolitan Division finished with 83 points. not sure how your math works

    they had no one on that team except Hall, a rookie, and Palmieri and still made playoffs.
    They were terrible. Making the playoffs isn't a measure of being good.

    NJD was just the product of the Metro being awful. So was Philly. They both collapsed last season because they weren't any good to begin with.

  20. #20
    Banned Junior Division
    Albatross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    6,442
    Rep Power
    103
    I thought you said they could've finished 14th. they had to have 66 points to finish 14th. they had 97. NJ was not as bad as you are making them out to bed

    they collapsed because Hall was injured most of the season. The year before they were good enough to make the playoffs. Shittsburg had 100 points to NJ's 97.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •