Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sabres Have Talked to Rangers About Jimmy Vesey

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend

Sabres Have Talked to Rangers About Jimmy Vesey

9. Thereís a ton of trade talk. Among the most aggressive teams: Buffalo, Calgary, Chicago, Minnesota, Nashville, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Toronto, Vancouver, Vegas, Washington and Winnipeg. Depending on how the draft goes, we could see some frenetic attempts to move up and down.

The Sabres have talked to the Rangers about Jimmy Vesey.
    https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...erik-karlsson/
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect
    What a hilarious irony if he lands in Buffalo after telling them to shove it.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    The were chanting against him in Nashville. Another good destination.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    See ya.
    GORTON 2020

HNIC BSBH Legend
    I don't know why everyone is jaded against this guy. He was a third rounder who was never overpaid and produced what you'd expect a 3rd rounder to produce. And he's a dick to play against.

I mean he's not a must keep, but people hate this guy. Not sure why.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    I don't think he's a great 3rd liner. He's kind of a tweener. Not good enough for 2nd line duty if you're a serious team, neither is he particularly adept at a 3rd line role. He has no defensive bona fides, and while he's made strides at being tougher to play against, that pretty inconsistent as far as I can tell.

Was fine on a ELC, but not sure there's much value there going forward.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    I don't get what not good enough for 2nd line but also not good at 3rd line role means. That's vague at best.

But agree, this team doesn't really need him with Lemieux here.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I don't know why everyone is jaded against this guy. He was a third rounder who was never overpaid and produced what you'd expect a 3rd rounder to produce. And he's a dick to play against.

I wonder the same thing. He didn't become a top 6 forward and maybe some thought he would, but he's shown some progression every season even if it was just very small progression. It's not hard to see him as a ~20/20 player who plays with an edge going into the middle of his career.

I hate his face, his personality, and his demeanor.

He’s a fine 3rd liner. But I don’t need him. In fact he and Hayes are my least liked Rangers in years.
    GORTON 2020

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    I hate his face, his personality, and his demeanor.

Heís a fine 3rd liner. But I donít need him. In fact he and Hayes are my least liked Rangers in years.
    So no real hockey related reason? OK.

The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Rangers have a dozen third line players. That's why moving Vesey is fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Prospect

I mean, he looks like an enormous 7 year old.

Real reason? He's pedestrian. He does everything precisely as averagely as can be. We have had enough of those guys in the past and frankly, have a surplus of them right now.

I don't really care if it's him or Namestnikov or Nieves or Brickley or whatever out there.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

So no real hockey related reason? OK.
    I don’t know what his provides, hockey wise. He’s not physical or skilled. I have no use for him.
    GORTON 2020

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    I mean, he looks like an enormous 7 year old.

Real reason? He's pedestrian. He does everything precisely as averagely as can be. We have had enough of those guys in the past and frankly, have a surplus of them right now.

I don't really care if it's him or Namestnikov or Nieves or Brickley or whatever out there.
    That's not a reason to hate him. It's a reason not to care about him... Hate takes effort.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division CBrowningPI's Avatar
    Being the Hobey Baker award winner is not easy. He was Jimmy "fuckin" Vesey (per Mats Zucc). He's a self admitted goal scorer. And we saw some flashes of skill but just not enough. He, like Hayes used the college loophole to screw his signing team. You do that you better live up to any hype. He hasn't. He plays 1 or 2 games well, then coasts for 3. I'm sure when he leaves he'll become a star but not for the Rangers. Deal him now and move on. He hasn't lived up to the hype.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by CBrowningPI View Post
    Being the Hobey Baker award winner is not easy. He was Jimmy "fuckin" Vesey (per Mats Zucc). He's a self admitted goal scorer. And we saw some flashes of skill but just not enough. He, like Hayes used the college loophole to screw his signing team. You do that you better live up to any hype. He hasn't. He plays 1 or 2 games well, then coasts for 3. I'm sure when he leaves he'll become a star but not for the Rangers. Deal him now and move on. He hasn't lived up to the hype.
    I don't get what not signing with his draft team has anything to do with it. He followed the rules.

My problem with Vesey is that he’s neither here nor there. He isn’t skilled enough to play a top 6 role, and isn’t dependable enough to play a bottom 6 role. His defensive game has massive holes, he suffers from poor decision making, his possession stats are abysmal and iirc he was a massive anchor statistically for anyone he played with last season.
    Moving him should be an easy decision if they can find a taker.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    My problem with Vesey is that heís neither here nor there. He isnít skilled enough to play a top 6 role, and isnít dependable enough to play a bottom 6 role. His defensive game has massive holes, he suffers from poor decision making, his possession stats are abysmal and iirc he was a massive anchor statistically for anyone he played with last season.
    Moving him should be an easy decision if they can find a taker.
    Moving him is an easy decision.

But the stats don't really align with your description and he's a decent player who's cost controlled.

Jimmy Vesey is a pretty good player.
    The Rangers don't need him.
    Why can't both be true?

Senior Member Midget Division

It's all about the effort. It's not there game in and game out. Not even close. And he is as streaky as they come. You're all over Kreider for exactly the same thing and Vesey disappears for longer stretches without offering anything in return.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Moving him is an easy decision.

But the stats don't really align with your description and he's a decent player who's cost controlled.

Jimmy Vesey is a pretty good player.
    The Rangers don't need him.
    Why can't both be true?
    Which stats would that be? His underlying metrics are terrible.
    Jimmy Vesey is an ok player. Imo he hasn’t been able to make the transition a large portion of skilled junior/college guys have to make when they get to the NHL. He isn’t good enough to be a skills guy and he lacks a lot of the things you’re looking for in a bottom 6 role. There’s probably a job for him in the NHL, I don’t disagree with that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast