Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 62

Thread: PHI Re-Sign F Kevin Hayes to 7-Year/$50 Million Extension; $7.14M AAV

  1. #1
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28,126
    Rep Power
    345

    PHI Re-Sign F Kevin Hayes to 7-Year/$50 Million Extension; $7.14M AAV

    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  2. #2
    The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    86,946
    Rep Power
    470
    Pretty unlikely he was sticking in Winnipeg. Flyers could really use him.

    Giroux/Couturier/Konecny
    JvR/Hayes/Voracek

    Makes sense to me.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  3. #3
    Banned Junior Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,088
    Rep Power
    72
    So, he’s gonna burn us 5 times a year

  4. #4
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28,126
    Rep Power
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Pretty unlikely he was sticking in Winnipeg. Flyers could really use him. Makes sense to me.
    You can always delete my shit and create a new thread, if easier than editing
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  5. #5
    The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    86,946
    Rep Power
    470
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    You can always delete my shit and create a new thread, if easier than editing
    Nah, all good. I don't care who the OP is.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  6. #6
    //reported Junior Division
    phillyb™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,631
    Rep Power
    88
    Yes, but surely josh wants to preserve the notion that he doesn't have any idea how to post tweets. Now that's all out of wack.
    LGR!

  7. #7
    #BringZuccsBack Bantam Division rangers02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    SE Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,074
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    So, he’s gonna burn us 5 times a year
    That will be very interesting to see as the season ensues.
    #KakkoSzn

  8. #8
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11,659
    Rep Power
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    So, he’s gonna burn us 5 times a year
    Doubt it. Dudes a 50 point player, not Sidney Crosby.

    I'm actually glad he's with Philly. Now I can hate his dumb face even more.
    GORTON 2020

  9. #9
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Gravesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,707
    Rep Power
    66
    AV is the perfect coach for him. No consequences for nights off and gliding in and out of games.

  10. #10
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    77,566
    Rep Power
    543
    Key here is now Philly can offer an 8th year.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Kevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    3,790
    Rep Power
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Key here is now Philly can offer an 8th year.
    I like Kevin Hayes but is he really a max years kind of player? I can't imagine offering him 5 years because of the motivation factor. I know he's only 27 now but I don't think we'll like what we see when he hits 30.

  12. #12
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    77,566
    Rep Power
    543
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I like Kevin Hayes but is he really a max years kind of player? I can't imagine offering him 5 years because of the motivation factor. I know he's only 27 now but I don't think we'll like what we see when he hits 30.
    I don't think a team would trade anything at all for him to offer him 5 years...

  13. #13
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    7,540
    Rep Power
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Key here is now Philly can offer an 8th year.
    Don't think so, have to be on the roster by the trade deadline.

    "An SPC with a term of greater than seven (7) years, provided, however, that a club may sign a player to an SPC with a term of up to eight (8) years if that player was on such club's reserve list as of and since the most recent trade deadline. With respect to potential unrestricted free agents only, the ability to re-sign a player to an SPC of eight (8) years expires when the player becomes an unrestricted free agent. With respect to a player who becomes a Group 2 restricted free agent, a club may sign such player to an SPC with a term of up to eight (8) years provided such player was on such club's reserve list and/or restricted free agent list as of and since the most recent trade deadline."
    http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/CBA...A_2013_CBA.pdf

  14. #14
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    77,566
    Rep Power
    543
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Don't think so, have to be on the roster by the trade deadline.

    "An SPC with a term of greater than seven (7) years, provided, however, that a club may sign a player to an SPC with a term of up to eight (8) years if that player was on such club's reserve list as of and since the most recent trade deadline. With respect to potential unrestricted free agents only, the ability to re-sign a player to an SPC of eight (8) years expires when the player becomes an unrestricted free agent. With respect to a player who becomes a Group 2 restricted free agent, a club may sign such player to an SPC with a term of up to eight (8) years provided such player was on such club's reserve list and/or restricted free agent list as of and since the most recent trade deadline."
    http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/CBA...A_2013_CBA.pdf
    Interesting. Didn't know that.

    Makes the trade dumber now.

  15. #15
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28,126
    Rep Power
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Interesting. Didn't know that.

    Makes the trade dumber now.
    I dont think it was well known. One of the TSN guys was discussing it during the deadline in regards to Panarin/Bob contracts
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  16. #16
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Sod16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    720
    Rep Power
    22
    Hayes's comments about having a good experience with the Rangers and how he matured with them would tend to indicate that he would like to play for AV. He may feel pressure to sign with Philly now or risk having their attention turn elsewhere on July 1. As for the Rangers, there is no reason to believe that they will offer him more than they did in February or that he won't get better offers than that. I don't think the 'peg gave Philly permission to talk to him before the trade. If they had done that and it looked like Hayes and Philly might be close to an agreement, the price would have been higher, like the Second we gave up for the rights to Fox.

  17. #17
    Moderator Junior Division
    Future's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    7,540
    Rep Power
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    Hayes's comments about having a good experience with the Rangers and how he matured with them would tend to indicate that he would like to play for AV.
    I think this is definitely true. AV is more well respected around the league, including amongst players, than fans want to think.

  18. #18
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    77,566
    Rep Power
    543
    What forward wouldn't want to play for AV? You don't even have to sniff the defensive zone...

  19. #19
    Banned Junior Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,088
    Rep Power
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Doubt it. Dudes a 50 point player, not Sidney Crosby.

    I'm actually glad he's with Philly. Now I can hate his dumb face even more.
    he'll be Sidney Crosby against the rangers....and you know it

  20. #20
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11,659
    Rep Power
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    he'll be Sidney Crosby against the rangers....and you know it
    I'm not worried.
    GORTON 2020

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •