• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sign D Yegor Rykov to 2-Year ELC

Phil

No, there's not, but how are they getting 60 games giving normal days off? lol

If Fox, Rykov, and Hajek platoon 2 spots (164 games) they'd each get 54-55 games. Then the other 4 D-men (Skjei, Staal, ADA, whoever) get normal days off bumping the rookies into the 60 game range.

"first year NHL player playing 60 games , and giving [the other] guys normal days off."

• Like 1

If Fox, Rykov, and Hajek platoon 2 spots (164 games) they'd each get 54-55 games. Then the other 4 D-men (Skjei, Staal, ADA, whoever) get normal days off bumping the rookies into the 60 game range.

"first year NHL player playing 60 games , and giving [the other] guys normal days off."

You left out Lindgren.

You're better off just splitting the 4 of them up - Fox and Hajek are almost certainly up all year - and let all 4 play 70 games.

No, there is nothing wrong with platooning two of them so that they each play 60 - I argued for that with Lias and Chytil last year - but it's more than two guys, and seems like a lot of logistical work for little gain.

• Like 1

You left out Lindgren.

You're better off just splitting the 4 of them up - Fox and Hajek are almost certainly up all year - and let all 4 play 70 games.

No, there is nothing wrong with platooning two of them so that they each play 60 - I argued for that with Lias and Chytil last year - but it's more than two guys, and seems like a lot of logistical work for little gain.

No, I left Lindgren in the A where he belongs.

No, I left Lindgren in the A where he belongs.

So then it's not "first year NHL players." It's "the first-year NHL players I feel like including to make a point."

There is absolutely 0 reason to think that Rykov is more NHL-ready than Lindgren.

No, and it's not why they called him up for 3 games in January before Hajek ever got called up either.

Just because they think Hajek is a better prospect doesn't mean they don't also think highly of Lindgren...

The biggest hurdle for both the Rangers and Rykov himself will be initiating the transition to North America. As a player, his potential to become an effective middle-pairing defenseman in the NHL is respectable, but the Russian factor could play a role in his actual NHL potential

i'm really starting to discount this "must adapt to playing on the U.S. surface" line of thinking. hockey's fucking hockey at the end of the day.

The biggest hurdle for both the Rangers and Rykov himself will be initiating the transition to North America. As a player, his potential to become an effective middle-pairing defenseman in the NHL is respectable, but the Russian factor could play a role in his actual NHL potential

i'm really starting to discount this "must adapt to playing on the U.S. surface" line of thinking. hockey's fucking hockey at the end of the day.

No, it's not. Angles are different. The offense runs different. Not much dumping on big ice.

Living in the US where you don't know the language and you don't have your family is different.