View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
9. This poll is closed
  • Bruins in 4

    1 11.11%
  • Bruins in 5

    1 11.11%
  • Bruins in 6

    3 33.33%
  • Bruins in 7

    0 0%
  • Hurricanes in 4

    0 0%
  • Hurricanes in 5

    0 0%
  • Hurricanes in 6

    4 44.44%
  • Hurricanes in 7

    0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 57

Thread: 2018-2019 | ECF | Boston Bruins (A2) v. Carolina Hurricanes (WC1)

  1. #21
    The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Morphinity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28,421
    Rep Power
    387
    I think it would be hilarious to see a team sweep a team that just swept a team that also swept a team.

  2. #22
    //reported Junior Division
    phillyb™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,633
    Rep Power
    88
    Yes. That would be all the buzz. And then Boston gets swept by STL/SJS for the first Stanley Cup in whichever franchise's history.
    LGR!

  3. #23
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    So Nashty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,862
    Rep Power
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyb[emoji769
    ;968082]Yes. That would be all the buzz. And then Boston gets swept by STL/SJS for the first Stanley Cup in whichever franchise's history.
    I’m hoping the cup goes out west this year. Really don’t like either East team remaining.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  4. #24
    //reported Junior Division
    phillyb™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,633
    Rep Power
    88
    Yeah, I like the CAR storyline, but they can lose to one of SJS/STL. Fuck Boston.
    I don't even like SJS, but I'll watch the win if it means Boston or CAR loses.
    LGR!

  5. #25
    The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    86,966
    Rep Power
    471
    I wanna see CAR win just to see the league-wide explosions of Hockey Men's heads when all the copycat teams are like "wait, so now we have to care about analyics? FUCK!"
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  6. #26
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28,142
    Rep Power
    345
    I've barely watched hockey, but Brad Marchand has been, by far, the most entertaining part of playoff hockey, this season.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  7. #27
    //reported Junior Division
    phillyb™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,633
    Rep Power
    88
    CAR fucked.
    LGR!

  8. #28
    //reported Junior Division
    phillyb™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,633
    Rep Power
    88
    Welp...I was definitely wrong.
    LGR!

  9. #29
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    rmc51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,996
    Rep Power
    75
    Pretty obvious Boston was going to roll the Canes.

  10. #30
    day-to-day Midget Division
    fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Too far from MSG
    Posts
    4,781
    Rep Power
    96
    remember when boston sports teams sucked? let’s have another decade of that soon
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

    "How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

    "Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

  11. #31
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Gravesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,712
    Rep Power
    66
    Series over. If Rask keeps this up it's hard to see the Sharks/Blues hanging with them in the final.
    I suppose Bruins-Sharks would be a decent series. We can root for Jumbo to lift the cup in Boston.

  12. #32
    //reported Junior Division
    phillyb™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,633
    Rep Power
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    remember when boston sports teams sucked? let’s have another decade of that soon
    So as a Yankees fan growing up, I absolutely know how much Boston sucked before their resurgence.
    Celtics were good in the 70s?
    Bruins were good under Cherry?
    IDK anything else about dribbleball or american football.

    Were there actually dark ages in Boston sports history? Or were there decent teams that didn't win championships?
    LGR!

  13. #33
    //reported Junior Division
    phillyb™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,633
    Rep Power
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    Series over. If Rask keeps this up it's hard to see the Sharks/Blues hanging with them in the final.
    I suppose Bruins-Sharks would be a decent series. We can root for Jumbo to lift the cup in Boston.
    If SJS make the cup final, this is the only thing I'm rooting for.
    And then I hope he immediately thinks, "I can retire now," cause I don't want to see a 40 year old on two broken legs playing hockey. It's sad to do that to one's body. Cup ring is great, but body and health is another thing.
    LGR!

  14. #34
    day-to-day Midget Division
    fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Too far from MSG
    Posts
    4,781
    Rep Power
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyb™ View Post
    So as a Yankees fan growing up, I absolutely know how much Boston sucked before their resurgence.
    Celtics were good in the 70s?
    Bruins were good under Cherry?
    IDK anything else about dribbleball or american football.

    Were there actually dark ages in Boston sports history? Or were there decent teams that didn't win championships?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...triots_seasons
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...eltics_seasons
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...Bruins_seasons
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ed_Sox_seasons

    The Patriots ranged from awful to mediocre until Belichek took over in 2001.
    The Red Sox had the curse of the bambino until 2004 and were perennial bridesmaids.
    Between 1971 to 2010 the Bruins were perennial bridesmaids.
    The Celtics were the lone bright spot, but even they had a drought from 1987 to 2009.

    From the late 1970s until the Patriots Super Bowl there was building angst in Boston, especially in the 1980s with how lost all of the franchises looked (except for the Celtics, but they lost their way). Boston fans put themselves in the same category as Cleveland as far as tortured city fan bases.
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

    "How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

    "Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

  15. #35
    //reported Junior Division
    phillyb™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,633
    Rep Power
    88
    Ty. fuck boston, lol.
    LGR!

  16. #36
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,226
    Rep Power
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...triots_seasons
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...eltics_seasons
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...Bruins_seasons
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ed_Sox_seasons

    The Patriots ranged from awful to mediocre until Belichek took over in 2001.
    The Red Sox had the curse of the bambino until 2004 and were perennial bridesmaids.
    Between 1971 to 2010 the Bruins were perennial bridesmaids.
    The Celtics were the lone bright spot, but even they had a drought from 1987 to 2009.

    From the late 1970s until the Patriots Super Bowl there was building angst in Boston, especially in the 1980s with how lost all of the franchises looked (except for the Celtics, but they lost their way). Boston fans put themselves in the same category as Cleveland as far as tortured city fan bases.
    Thank you.

  17. #37
    Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Vodka Drunkenski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    15,362
    Rep Power
    149
    They’ll complete the sweep tonight
    Hidden Content

    Let's Go Rangers!

  18. #38
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Travis Bickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,226
    Rep Power
    34
    Herman Munster (Chara) is out with an undisclosed injury per NHL.
    Last edited by Travis Bickle; 05-16-2019 at 08:35 PM.

  19. #39
    //reported Junior Division
    phillyb™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,633
    Rep Power
    88
    2-0 BOS. Fuck.
    LGR!

  20. #40
    #BringZuccsBack Bantam Division rangers02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    SE Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,074
    Rep Power
    7
    Has Rask conjured the spirit of Jean-Sebastien Giguere to make him play like this in the series?
    #KakkoSzn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •