• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rep Bet: Who Will the Rangers Trade?

Phil

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can actually see them unloading a lot of guys like Vesey, Names, Zucc, Staal, McQuaid and buying out Shattenkirk (no idea what cap penalty is) and trying to land 2 of Stone, Panarin or Karlsson.

I thought this too but my one concern is that they wouldn't have enough players to field a team. Someone has to play the remainder of the season. Also, if they wait 'til the deadline, they won't be able to move everyone (part of my reasoning for wanting to start early).

I thought this too but my one concern is that they wouldn't have enough players to field a team. Someone has to play the remainder of the season. Also, if they wait 'til the deadline, they won't be able to move everyone (part of my reasoning for wanting to start early).
They can take back guys on expiring deals and bring up Lias and Lettieri. Play Belesky.

Nah, probably overpaid by a million or so I'd say. That's not really problematic next year.

Ryan Reaves makes almost 3 ffs

Yea but what's the point of keeping him for one year? Every penny will matter if they're going after big fish.

Yea but what's the point of keeping him for one year? Every penny will matter if they're going after big fish.

Agreed. I think this season should be a complete wash. Finish as low as possible with as many 1st round picks as possible, blow it up entirely, and bring in some high-end talent in the summer. If that's the plan, every penny matters. I don't think there's room for middle of the road players making more than what they're worth.

Archived