• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Nik Kronwall Crushes Anders Lee with Devastating Hit

Phil

If people are constantly disappointed/confused at DPS decisions, it's because using "contact to the head" as a measuring stick is dumb as fuck.

In this case, the afflicted leads with his head, naturally contact to the head is the outcome.

If people are constantly disappointed/confused at DPS decisions, it's because using "contact to the head" as a measuring stick is dumb as fuck.

In this case, the afflicted leads with his head, naturally contact to the head is the outcome.

It's not "contact" with the head. It's, if the head is the PRINCIPAL point of contact.

Here, it is. Not sure how Kronwall could have held up.

My issue with DPoS is their suspension doles are wildly inconsistent.

OK, you're right, and my point still stands as well as addresses your second point.

Kronwall will likely be suspended because of the actions of Anders Lee, not Niklas Kronwall.

If they want to get this shit out of the game, they need to come out and say they want to get this shit out of the game. Sitting on the fence and trying to judge everything as they currently do leads to puzzling decisions.

OK, you're right, and my point still stands as well as addresses your second point.

Kronwall will likely be suspended because of the actions of Anders Lee, not Niklas Kronwall.

If they want to get this shit out of the game, they need to come out and say they want to get this shit out of the game. Sitting on the fence and trying to judge everything as they currently do leads to puzzling decisions.

Totally agree.

They need to tell the hitter "it's your job to defend the other human on the ice from a devastating head injury".

A hard switch to flip.

Lee's fault. Not Kronwalls. What's he supposed to do. Get out of his way after lining him up? I'm this isn't anything like the headshots the game wants out of the game. It wasn't a blindsided hit. Wasn't from behind. He did what I'd imagine you are taught to do.

Imo there should be no fine or suspension.

As with most "big" hits this season, if the player with the puck just got their fucking head up, it never would have happened.

Honestly, they should just remove checking from the game at this point. I don't know if I've seen a more textbook hit. If that's suspension worthy, then just get on with it and remove hitting from the game. It's the only way people won't get injured and it's the only way we won't have to debate every play. If you hit someone, you're suspended. Just make it as clear as can be.

I think they're trying too hard to completely eliminate concussions and make rules like that when concussions are always going to be a part of contact sports, unfortunately.

they've made the padding that guys wear so strong now, that you can turn yourself into a literal torpedo and not feel it.

Look at the pads guys wore back in the day. it probably hurt like fuck to throw a hit that hard on anyone.

Also, hits to the body can still very likely cause a concussion as well.

As with most "big" hits this season, if the player with the puck just got their fucking head up, it never would have happened.

Honestly, they should just remove checking from the game at this point. I don't know if I've seen a more textbook hit. If that's suspension worthy, then just get on with it and remove hitting from the game. It's the only way people won't get injured and it's the only way we won't have to debate every play. If you hit someone, you're suspended. Just make it as clear as can be.

Yeah, that'll surely work & will make NHL hockey an absolute bore! It's bad enough that the physicality of a " body contact " sport has already been diluted to a mere pittance.

Archived