• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Mark Stone Apparently Wants Out of Ottawa

Phil

Wow imagine we sign him and Panarin next offseason if we can clear the space? An elite RW and LW in their primes with all of our center depth. It would be the fastest rebuild ever. If we could somehow lose Staal, Spooner, and Namestnikov it could be easily done. Hayes goes, I still want to keep Zuc though cuz he's the backbone.

Wow imagine we sign him and Panarin next offseason if we can clear the space? An elite RW and LW in their primes with all of our center depth. It would be the fastest rebuild ever. If we could somehow lose Staal, Spooner, and Namestnikov it could be easily done. Hayes goes, I still want to keep Zuc though cuz he's the backbone.

That would be so freakin' sexy

Kreids - Zib - Stone

Panarin - Chytil - Buch

Zuc - Lias/Hayes - Kravtsov

:drool:

You have your ranking system mixed up. He’s very good but not elite. Want elite? See MCDavid, Kucherov, Ovechkin, Crosby...those guys are elite

I don't think I have it mixed up. He scored 1.07 points per game last season. Ahead of Ovechkin's 1.06 and just behind Crosby's 1.08 and Stone did it with much less talent around him. He was 14th in the league in points per game. That is elite. Last season he was an elite player.

https://scores.nbcsports.com/nhl/leaders.asp?type=Skaters&season=reg&rank=046

I don't think I have it mixed up. He scored 1.07 points per game last season. Ahead of Ovechkin's 1.06 and just behind Crosby's 1.08 and Stone did it with much less talent around him. He was 14th in the league in points per game. That is elite. Last season he was an elite player.

https://scores.nbcsports.com/nhl/leaders.asp?type=Skaters&season=reg&rank=046

he also played against guys on their night off. lol

I would take Crosby or Ovechkin. That doesn't mean Stone wasn't an elite player in the league last season. Crosby and Ovechkin aren't available. Stone is.

And I don't know if I would take Crosby or Ovechkin for a rebuilding team. Crosby and Ovechkin are also 31 and 33 years old. Stone is 26. Just because he didn't put up a point per game from year one doesn't mean he can't reach a certain level. He has always been very good. Put up 64 points as a rookie. Look at Blake Wheeler's career trajectory and then look at the last 3 years. Sometimes it comes with experience.

I would take Crosby or Ovechkin. That doesn't mean Stone wasn't an elite player in the league last season. Crosby and Ovechkin aren't available. Stone is.

And I don't know if I would take Crosby or Ovechkin for a rebuilding team. Crosby and Ovechkin are also 31 and 33 years old. Stone is 26. Just because he didn't put up a point per game from year one doesn't mean he can't reach a certain level. He has always been very good. Put up 64 points as a rookie. Look at Blake Wheeler's career trajectory and then look at the last 3 years. Sometimes it comes with experience.

I mean, stat wise, if Kreider had the same icetime as Stone, he'd be producing at the same rate.

I mean, stat wise, if Kreider had the same icetime as Stone, he'd be producing at the same rate.

Well then Kreider should get more ice time if that's true. Hopefully Quinn realizes that I guess. It's not like Stone got some crazy amount of ice time. His ice time was basically identical to Crosby and Ovechkin's and they all produced points at the same rate.

However, thinking about it, that's just not true. Kreider produced .64 points per game in 15 mins of ice time. Give him another 5 mins so you divide that .64 by three and he he produced .21 every 5 mins so in 20 mins of ice time he gives you .85 points per game. Good but not on the same level of the guys we're talking about. But over 82 games with 20 mins of ice time, Kreider would give you 70 points, so he probably does need more ice time.

Why wait?

No need for an in-season trade, but Panarin (and Stone) sound better than any FAs the past 2 years. Only way to trade for Stone is if they want Hayes and choice of Zuc/Spoon/Names. That won't get it done, so we wait.

BTW, Stone is one of the best defensive RWers in the game. Great leader, complete player.

Just 2 things...

1. Never trust what a guy does in his contract year.

2. All the math in this thread is the reason why points/60 is trash. If a guy scores X point per game and plays Y mins a night, it doesn't mean that if Y goes up, X will. That's not how it works. the 20 minute player is getting different matchups, and maybe he'll get tired with the extra time, and maybe that why we play games and don't just do the math to decide who would win.

That would be so freakin' sexy

Kreids - Zib - Stone

Panarin - Chytil - Buch

Zuc - Lias/Hayes - Kravtsov

:drool:

I might be more interested in Stone than i would be Panarin. And in the above lineup i don?t see Hayes being a part of it. Zucc potentially gone also.

Panarin- Chytil- Stone

Kreider- Zib- Buch

Vesey- Lias- Kravstov

Hayes and Zucc moved for picks or something that helps a struggling blue line.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Archived