• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The New "Home Improvement" Thread

The Dude

Just fucking rip it out.

The previous lady seemed to be pretty good. I was going to rip out a bunch of shit, 2 days later it bloomed nicely. I was also going to cut down some small red Japanese tree bush, but someone told me it’s worth 1-200$.

I’m assuming there are some late season perennials. I’d like to clean some of the stuff out, just need to make sure I’m pulling out something I should keep

Wait til later August or September when most perennials are done and dig out and toss whatever you don?t want.

Also September is a good time to dig out, move and/or split and replant any flowers you may actually like and want elsewhere in the yard.

I have several large perennial gardens. Most I?ve expanded on my own by splitting existing stuff and getting rid of crap I didn?t like from previous owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The previous lady seemed to be pretty good. I was going to rip out a bunch of shit, 2 days later it bloomed nicely. I was also going to cut down some small red Japanese tree bush, but someone told me it’s worth 1-200$.

I’m assuming there are some late season perennials. I’d like to clean some of the stuff out, just need to make sure I’m pulling out something I should keep

Is it red? You talking about a Japanese maple?

Ugh, my town sucks. My permit got denied to add a top floor to my house because we didn't have a CO for my basement, which was finished when we bought the house, and because in the floor plans, they listed a room as an office and it had to be changed to a study. Our other issue is that they said we don't have enough space between the sides of the house and the property line, and the front of the house to the street. The dumb thing is that every house in the neighborhood is basically the same set up as mine, so every house has this issue. We now have to go to the board and get it OK'd. Its all easy fixes, its just now more time consuming. These bastards get you for everything.

Is it red? You talking about a Japanese maple?

deep maroon

Don't take out a Japanese Maple, they are beautiful. I have two of them, one I planted myself that cost a couple of hundred and I have one that came with the house that is over 10', my landscaper told me that one is worth thousands, had no idea.

I dont want one that big. Its next to my driveway. Its probably 3' tall. Looked like a mangled shrub when we moved in.

Ugh, my town sucks. My permit got denied to add a top floor to my house because we didn't have a CO for my basement, which was finished when we bought the house, and because in the floor plans, they listed a room as an office and it had to be changed to a study. Our other issue is that they said we don't have enough space between the sides of the house and the property line, and the front of the house to the street. The dumb thing is that every house in the neighborhood is basically the same set up as mine, so every house has this issue. We now have to go to the board and get it OK'd. Its all easy fixes, its just now more time consuming. These bastards get you for everything.

I’m surprised you’re having trouble in Suffolk. Usually it’s Nassau who needlessly crunches your balls and makes you pay an ungodly amount for the pleasure.

I’m surprised you’re having trouble in Suffolk. Usually it’s Nassau who needlessly crunches your balls and makes you pay an ungodly amount for the pleasure.

Dude, it’s been such a hassle dealing with the town. We alsonow have to put in either an egress window or outside entrance to the basement. Our main problem is that the walls in the basement aren’t regular walls, they are Owens Corning, they are made to keep moisture out and keep the basement cool or warm. Now we have to have someone it into it to put this in, and we just got an estimate for like $8,000 to do an egress window from the company that did the basement. Fucking sucks.

I?m not familiar with Rheem?s ac portion, their heating is good so I?d imagine that their ac should be as well. I just recently redid my 2nd floor. Replaced all the air duct, new handler and new Lennox unit. I think I may need to replace the 1st floor unit soon, making strange sounds. It?s the original that came with the house and is pretty old.