Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Rangers Draft [RW] Lauri Pajuniemi in 5th Rd. (132nd) Pick

  1. #1
    The future is spelled K-A-K-K-O BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    87,988
    Rep Power
    487

    Rangers Draft [RW] Lauri Pajuniemi in 5th Rd. (132nd) Pick

    Name: Lauri Pajuniemi
    Position: RW
    Shoots: R
    Current Team: TPS / Liiga


    Elite Prospects Profile: https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...auri-pajuniemi


    Current Statistics
    HockeyDB.com Page:http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=204705
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  2. #2
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Long live the King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,873
    Rep Power
    122
    I'll hide this funny tidbit here. Was looking at Pajuniemi's recent stats and noticed Google Translate turns Kaapo Kakko into Crap Cake.

    https://liiga.fi/fi/pelaajat/40005898/kakko-kaapo



    BTW Pajuniemi has 2 goals and 3 assists in his last 6 games averaging about 16 minutes a night for TPS.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Midget Division
    rmc51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2,965
    Rep Power
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    I'll hide this funny tidbit here. Was looking at Pajuniemi's recent stats and noticed Google Translate turns Kaapo Kakko into Crap Cake.

    https://liiga.fi/fi/pelaajat/40005898/kakko-kaapo



    BTW Pajuniemi has 2 goals and 3 assists in his last 6 games averaging about 16 minutes a night for TPS.
    lol

  4. #4
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,677
    Rep Power
    42
    13 points in 35 games, 5 in the last 6 in Liiga. Looks like a solid prospect, nice pickup in the 5th round.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Kevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    4,013
    Rep Power
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    13 points in 35 games, 5 in the last 6 in Liiga. Looks like a solid prospect, nice pickup in the 5th round.
    Look at the leagues draft history on http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/index.html

    The draft is littered with guys just like this that never play one NHL game. It's not just the Rangers it's just a numbers game. Very, very few actually make it and the later the round the greater the chance is that they don't make it. I'd imagine that we never hear from this guy in the NHL.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    AliveIn94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    1,630
    Rep Power
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Look at the leagues draft history on http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/index.html

    The draft is littered with guys just like this that never play one NHL game. It's not just the Rangers it's just a numbers game. Very, very few actually make it and the later the round the greater the chance is that they don't make it. I'd imagine that we never hear from this guy in the NHL.
    ...maybe this guy is different? Please?

    Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,677
    Rep Power
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Look at the leagues draft history on http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/index.html

    The draft is littered with guys just like this that never play one NHL game. It's not just the Rangers it's just a numbers game. Very, very few actually make it and the later the round the greater the chance is that they don't make it. I'd imagine that we never hear from this guy in the NHL.
    well, he was a 5th rounder, so Im obviously not expecting anything. Still nice to see him progressing and playing well in a tough league. Most likely he wont turn into anything (like most 5th rounders), but you never know.

  8. #8
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    12,194
    Rep Power
    146
    Realistically, they need to get lucky on at least one late round prospect to help this thing turn around.
    GORTON 2020

  9. #9
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    AliveIn94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    1,630
    Rep Power
    25
    What if he turns into Fast? Big win there.

    Sent from my Z981 using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    ThirtyONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    12,194
    Rep Power
    146
    Ugh, jeez. Fast is a warm body. Hopefully some of these late picks are more than that.
    GORTON 2020

  11. #11
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,677
    Rep Power
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Ugh, jeez. Fast is a warm body. Hopefully some of these late picks are more than that.
    Cant really hope for more than a warm body with a 5th round pick.

    We've had 5 1st rounders + 3-4 2nd rounders just the last two seasons. Those picks are supposed to be something more than just a warm body. Getting Fast for a 5th rounder would be a huge win.

  12. #12
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Gravesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,967
    Rep Power
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    Cant really hope for more than a warm body with a 5th round pick.

    We've had 5 1st rounders + 3-4 2nd rounders just the last two seasons. Those picks are supposed to be something more than just a warm body. Getting Fast for a 5th rounder would be a huge win.
    Absolutely, but I'd rather they hit on a depth scoring type of guy than a grinder if that makes sense.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,677
    Rep Power
    42
    2 goals and 1 assists today in Liiga. Up to 8 goals, 10 points in 17 games. 3rd on his team in scoring.

    I really think this guy has potential to be an NHL player. He’s still just 20 and seems to improve every game. Looks like a really nice pick in the 5th round.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,677
    Rep Power
    42
    Another two goal night for Pajuniemi in Liiga today. 4th in the league with 11 goals in 19 games. Lead all players U21 in goals and 3rd in points (13).


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    29,267
    Rep Power
    365
    Keep him over there 2 or 3 more seasons. Man, the progress he's made.
    I thought we'd eventually see him as a Fast-like replacement, but this offensive outburst has been great... even though I think the team has had some issues this season
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  16. #16
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,677
    Rep Power
    42
    Yeah, the good thing about him being a 5th rounder is that there is no reason to rush him over. Give him 2/3 season, let him dominate the league before coming over.

    His progress has been amazing. In a redraft he would definitely go in the 2nd or 3rd round. Still a long way to go for him, but looking good for a 5th rounder.


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •