• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Draft [RW] Vitali Kravtsov in 1st Rd. (9th) Pick

Drew a Penalty

The New York Rangers’ Vitali Kravtsov was named the best forward at the 2018 U20 Four Nations Tournament with a goal and three assists in three games. The 18-year-old was the ninth overall pick by the Rangers in this year’s draft and is expected to return to his KHL team, Traktor Chelyabinsk, as he signed a one-year deal there. The hope is Kravtsov will be ready to compete for a spot on the Rangers roster next season. Minnesota Wild’s Simon Johansson was named top defenseman, while Detroit Red Wings’ Jesper Eliasson was named top goaltender.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Kravtsov does a couple things with the puck every game that really stand out. His skating and hands look outrageous. At least once in every game thus far he's had a rush where he's created 4-5 feet of separation on the defenceman out of thin air. His backchecking is relentless.

He made a one timer slap pass a couple nights ago that was just sublime. Stoa shanked it of course.

Next step is translating all this in to production. That's the million dollar question, can and will that happen?

KHL not doing us a favor with our prospects. The Cherepanov tragedy, Shesty being benched by a worse goalie for a long time (finally not anymore), Rykov not getting any playing time and now Kravtsov playing on a shit team.

If they don't make the playoffs, will he then come over? If he will, when is their regular season over? Most likely not playing for Rangers this year, but maybe Hartford makes the playoffs.

KHL not doing us a favor with our prospects. The Cherepanov tragedy, Shesty being benched by a worse goalie for a long time (finally not anymore), Rykov not getting any playing time and now Kravtsov playing on a shit team.

If they don't make the playoffs, will he then come over? If he will, when is their regular season over? Most likely not playing for Rangers this year, but maybe Hartford makes the playoffs.

Well Rykov got a ton of minutes last year, if I'm not mistaken, and just got traded to a team where he's playing top-4, and I think Kravtsov playing big minutes, even on a bad team, is probably a net good thing.

I agree that the KHL is a bit of a wild card, but I don't know that the Rangers are worse off because of it...at least not relative to any other teams.

Traktor got spanked, again, today but everyone should check out the move Kravtsov pulled off behind the opposing net.

I don't know how to post that stuff but it's bonerific

Not for nothing, but I did that in men's league on Saturday. It's just pathetic defense.