• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Draft [RW] Vitali Kravtsov in 1st Rd. (9th) Pick

Drew a Penalty

Anyway, back on topic before we receive a paddling.

Vitali Kravtsov recorded an assist, registered four shots on goal, and posted a plus-one rating in 16:33 of ice time on Nov. 24 against Torpedo, and he also posted a plus-one rating in two of three games he played during the week. In addition, during the past week, Kravtsov was selected to participate in the 2019 KHL All-Star Game, as he was one of 12 players selected by journalists to play in the game. As part of the selection format, Kravtsov was the only forward from the Kharlamov Division who was selected by journalists to play in the game.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iceland is great. Would I live there? Fuck no.

I do know from experience that Oslo shits on both northern upstate NY and central Quebec from a great height and is vastly superior in every conceivable way.

But I do love the US and wouldn't mind moving back if the opportunity came along.

I don't understand why they won't give him even a sniff on the top line despite he being their most dynamic player by a country mile on a team that at times feels like they may never score another goal all year.

Russian hockey is fucked.

anyone know how often we send a guy over there to watch him?

Bobrov is over there, and I'd imagine he watches him quite often. This quote is from today:

"On a struggling team, filled with injuries and coaching changes, Vitali has been a bright light. His vision, playmaking ability, and dynamic skill and skating style are on display every game."

Also:

Kravtsov has recorded 15 points (five goals, 10 assists) in 31 KHL games this season, and he has tallied a point in six of the last 10 KHL games he has played, recording eight points (two goals, six assists) over the span. Kravtsov is tied for the team lead in assists, ranks third in points and shots on goal (72), and ranks fourth in goals this season. The 18-year-old leads all KHL players younger than 20 years old in goals, assists, and points in 2018-19. Kravtsov has registered more than twice as many points as any other KHL player younger than 20 years old has this season, and he also has more assists (10) than any other KHL player younger than 20 years old has points (six) thus far in 2018-19.

Is it 100% that he's coming over already after this season? I see that Tarasenko and Kuznetsov played in the KHL even in their D+3 season. I feel like it would be typical Rangers to rush things.

I'm not sure if it is 100%, but I think that is the plan unless he regresses. In this case, I assume the Rangers do not think his current team will be better than having him here under our staff adjusting to the US and either Hartford or NY. I've read he wants to come over after the KHL season ends.

Is it 100% that he's coming over already after this season? I see that Tarasenko and Kuznetsov played in the KHL even in their D+3 season. I feel like it would be typical Rangers to rush things.

No, and he's not signed, either.

Going into the draft, it was known that both Tarasenko and Kuznetsov might not come over. That was right when the KHL was starting to become a legit league. Tarasenko was coached by his father, and it was known that he would play 2+ more seasons in the KHL after beigng drafted. and Kuznetsov was offered big money to stay. He was getting over $3m tax free plus incentives as a teen, and would only get less than $1m (taxed) on his ELC. He even mentioned going back to Russia before signing his last contract.

Kravtsov, with an assist already today, has been pretty adamant about playing in the NHL. Going to a team like the Rangers probably helps, too.

You can’t say it’s 100%, but I’d say it’s pretty fucking likely.

They were strongly considering bringing him over straight after the draft, but decided against it because of a concern over whether Traktor would throw a spanner in the works. He’ll be here imo.