• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What Will the Trade Be?

Flynn

Three 1st Rounders, six picks in the top 3 rounds.. I think something and someone gets moved.

I guess we can do a rep bet... What is the big trade Gorton pulls off?

List the trade: Player and/or pick(s) and the return (horseshoes rules are in effect, closes to the mark wins)... No Trade is a perfectly acceptable (yet boring) result.

I think the Rangers and Blackhawks will cut a deal, with the Rangers consuming the Marian Hossa contract. Blackhawks are built to be winning now with Toews/Kane/Saad, even after a down year last year, and they need the cap space.

To Rangers: #3 (draft Tkachuk), #27 (acquired from Nash), Hossa

To Blackhawks: #9, #88 (3rd round)

I then would guess a follow up trade, since the Rangers would have 3 late 1st round picks. Perhaps a Hayes/1st to move back up into the top 10 (Montreal?).

Hossa doesn't count against the Cap

I think the Rangers and Blackhawks will cut a deal, with the Rangers consuming the Marian Hossa contract. Blackhawks are built to be winning now with Toews/Kane/Saad, even after a down year last year, and they need the cap space.

To Rangers: #3 (draft Tkachuk), #27 (acquired from Nash), Hossa

To Blackhawks: #9, #88 (3rd round)

I then would guess a follow up trade, since the Rangers would have 3 late 1st round picks. Perhaps a Hayes/1st to move back up into the top 10 (Montreal?).

Just curious at how the Rangers would acquire the #3 pick w/o involving MTL since MTL has the 3rd pick.

The Blackhawks draft #8 not 3.

Word is Rangers rebuffed by Carolina. On NHL radio now is the discussion of Hayes being traded. The commentators do not think the Rangers should trade him, they don't understand why the Ranger's would want to. They are speaking as if there is a lot of interest.

The Blackhawks draft #8 not 3.

Word is Rangers rebuffed by Carolina. On NHL radio now is the discussion of Hayes being traded. The commentators do not think the Rangers should trade him, they don't understand why the Ranger's would want to. They are speaking as if there is a lot of interest.

He and Vesey are a problem. That's why.

Providing what options we will be able to have at that pick

Lol that's a great question. I did a quick google search to look up the order, but it looks like the link I happened to pick had a prospective trade between the Canadiens and the Blackhawks (http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2018/06/nhl_mock_draft_2018_full_first_round_rasmus_dahlin.html).

I more or less think the Rangers will trade up for Tkachuk. I'll be editing my post and changing my trade.

The hot draft rumor continues to be that Kotkaniemi is flying up boards and 4 teams in the top 8 really like him. Combined with center desperate Montreal at 3, crazy Ottawa at 4 and a few teams wanting/liking a few of the Dmen, the wingers might slip. Zadina, Tkachuk and Wahlstrom fall. I'd be ecstatic with any of the 3. The Rangers...

Trade #9, 39, 88 to move up and draft Zadina who slips a few slots.

Could see it for Tkachuk or Wahlstrom, just change pick 39 to pick 48

The hot draft rumor continues to be that Kotkaniemi is flying up boards and 4 teams in the top 8 really like him. Combined with center desperate Montreal at 3, crazy Ottawa at 4 and a few teams wanting/liking a few of the Dmen, the wingers might slip. Zadina, Tkachuk and Wahlstrom fall. I'd be ecstatic with any of the 3. The Rangers...

I don't think that gets it done.

at this point, I might entertain 28 instead of 39, there.

Rangers are in a really good spot. Better than I imagined they'd be when the season ended. Kotkaniemi has really thrown a wrench into things and that means there are at least two really good players available at 9 and they could be anyone from Walhstrom to Boqvist or a surprise players who's slipped.

I recommend reading Bobby Mac's TSN draft rankings that were just put out. It's fascinating how teams rank players.

Rangers are in a really good spot. Better than I imagined they'd be when the season ended. Kotkaniemi has really thrown a wrench into things and that means there are at least two really good players available at 9 and they could be anyone from Walhstrom to Boqvist or a surprise players who's slipped.

I recommend reading Bobby Mac's TSN draft rankings that were just put out. It's fascinating how teams rank players.

Thanks, read it. Their final rankings are solid, their top 10, all belong. Same for 11,12,13 And they blew the lid off Foudy.

Yeah, that's my take on it as well. Kotkaniemi rising this much means we are guaranteed not only an excellent prospect, but also a decision to make between 2 great picks at 9.

There is also a greater opportunity for moving up a couple of spots if someone we really like has dropped out of the top 5 or 6.

I think we'll see some maneuvering on the floor in the top 10. Montreal could really throw this thing wide open if they do go for Kotkaniemi at 3.

To NYR: Erik Karlsson

To Ottawa: #9 (Allowing them to give #4 to Col this year and not roll the dice on losing #1 next year), #26, #39, Brady Skjei

In true NYR fashion, the rebuild lasts 45 minutes withthe signing of John Tavares next week.

I'd absolutely be thrilled to just see us draft in the spots we have, and not trade anything. This team is not going to be competing for a cup for a couple of years, and there's no use in short cutting it. That's what put us in this shit to start with.

New time....

New team...

New direction!

Rebuild time! Through the draft....out with the old bullshit and in with the new regime!

Archived