• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Kerry Fraser Diagnosed with Incurable Leukemia

Phil

Former National Hockey League official Kerry Fraser announced on Friday that he has been diagnosed with essential thrombocythemia, a chronic blood disorder and an incurable form of cancer.

Fraser said he learned of the diagnosis 10 days ago and announced it on NHL.com as the league starts its November Hockey Fights Cancer campaign for the 20th straight year.

"I consider myself blessed that this rare disease was diagnosed before I had a stroke or heart attack," he wrote. "At 65, I was planning on living a healthy, full life for many more years.

Now that I know I have this disease I can take extra precautions to keep my blood thinner and hopefully prevent a blood clot from hitting my heart or brain. My family gives me strength and a good reason to prioritize my goals in life."

http://www.tsn.ca/kerry-fraser-diagnosed-with-cancer-1.905111

Wow, sorry to hear that. How is it treated, controlled, etc ??

I take a small dose of something called hydrea which is technically a chemo drug

I was diagnosed 3 years ago and my platelets are under control now with no side effects. I just need to get blood tests every month

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Archived