• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ballsy Predictions: NHL Edition 2016-2017

It's that time of year again! This year, we will also have an NHL edition of the ballsy predictions thread.

Rules:

You get to make NO MORE THAN TWO predictions about the 2016-2017 NHL season for any team(s), player(s), and event(s) you desire.

It must be less than obvious (a prediction like Alex Ovechkin will score 30 goals is pretty obvious).

No repeat predictions. If someone beats you to the punch, so be it.

Most off the wall truth at the end of the season wins a prize nothing. Occasionally we'll bump the thread if one of them becomes reality.

I'll start:

• The Washington Capitals will miss the playoffs.
  • Anthony Duclair will score 43 goals.

• 5 months later...
1. John Tortorella is fired less than ten games into the season. Todd Richards replaces him in the most absurd coaching seesaw in recent history.

2. Lead by leading scorer Alex Radulov, Montr?al comes out of the East.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Ottawa Senators vs Washington Caps for the ECF.

Edmonton makes it to the second round of the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Connor McDavid wins Hart Trophy, takes Oilers to Western Conference Final.

Auston Matthews finishes rookie season among top 10 in NHL scoring.

We might have a soothsayer here! Though part of it is still up in the air.

The second part was close - he finished 20th in points, but tied for 2nd in goals with 40.

Detroit Red Wings miss the playoffs for the first time in about 25 years.

Winner!

Toronto Maple Leafs make the playoffs and the team they push out of the top 8 is the Detroit Red Wings.

Well... Sort of. They pushed out the Red Wings by existing, but they really pushed out the Lightning. Half points awarded.

My second:

Oilers win the first round 4-0, then loses 4-0 to Blues in the second round, Blues win the cup.

First part still possible, but the second part is impossible since they will never meet in the 2nd round.

Archived