• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Any Motorcycle Riders Out There?

thecurse0101

I've been wanting to get my license for a few years and decided to finally do it this year. I go for my class in a few weeks and picked up my first bike last week. It's a 93 CBR 600 F2. I ride my atv pretty regularly so I'm sure I'll be able to get the hang of it pretty quickly. I'm looking forward to a fun season of riding!

http://s14.postimg.org/52binvndt/20150301_104928.jpg

I don't ride at all, but I just wanted to give you some advice before you really get into riding. Go to google images and just type in motorcycle accident and take a look at some of the pictures. Any accident on a motorcycle has a high probability to be fatal so always keep that in mind. You can be the best cyclist out there but it doesn't matter if those around you do something stupid.

Every time I'm at work and respond to an auto accident involving a motorcycle, it's likely going to be a serious call. I've found body parts, bodies, etc. Weirdly, most of the time the guy on the bike gets thrown right out of his/her own shoes because of the sheer force of the accident. Just keep that in mind, especially considering you are looking at crotch rockets.

I don't ride at all, but I just wanted to give you some advice before you really get into riding. Go to google images and just type in motorcycle accident and take a look at some of the pictures. Any accident on a motorcycle has a high probability to be fatal so always keep that in mind. You can be the best cyclist out there but it doesn't matter if those around you do something stupid.

Every time I'm at work and respond to an auto accident involving a motorcycle, it's likely going to be a serious call. I've found body parts, bodies, etc. Weirdly, most of the time the guy on the bike gets thrown right out of his/her own shoes because of the sheer force of the accident. Just keep that in mind, especially considering you are looking at crotch rockets.

Thanks for the concern, but I am not a wreckless driver. I know that one wrong move on these things could potentially end my life. I am actually pretty scared to start riding because of horror stories i've heard but it's something I want to do so I'm going to do it. I already bought the bike you see above, I didn't want a cruiser so this was the next logical choice. You're not going to see me doing wheelies and doing lane splits in traffic. I'll likely be in the slow lane the whole time hoping other drivers see me.

I hate the summer with these motorcycles, a good majority of them drive like assholes, and everytime i see them acting like assholes, I hope to find them mangled up the road. No need for anyone to do what they do.

I agree with you, a lot of riders are wreckless and do crazy stuff. I'm not like that.

Thanks for the concern, but I am not a wreckless driver. I know that one wrong move on these things could potentially end my life. I am actually pretty scared to start riding because of horror stories i've heard but it's something I want to do so I'm going to do it. I already bought the bike you see above, I didn't want a cruiser so this was the next logical choice. You're not going to see me doing wheelies and doing lane splits in traffic. I'll likely be in the slow lane the whole time hoping other drivers see me.

Well i wasn't really trying to infer that you would be driving wrecklessly. Just saying that regardless of how good you are as a rider, you still are at the mercy of every other person on the road and most mishaps on a bike end very badly for the rider. Be safe.

I ride. I have a 2013 Suzuki SFV650. I love riding and although dangerous, it is an awesome stress reliever on the open road. I try to ride mainly back roads and stay off of interstates. I live in northwest new jersey (pretty rural area so its easier to avoid the highways)

http://img1.findthebest.com/sites/default/files/778/media/images/2013_Suzuki_SFV650_426351_i0.png

Enjoy. I commend you for taking the Motorcycle Safety Course.

Archived