• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Guardians of the Galaxy

MTV Gets Exclusive New GotG Trailer

I understand the storyline isn't well know by most people but this movie is going to setup not just Age of Ultron but also a lot of Stage 3. The story looks pretty rich, fun and the cast is superb. After seeing Captain America 2 I am really psyched for how right Marvel is getting its movies right now. Unfortunately the newest trailer is only on MTV's website but it is worth following the link to watch. You get a feeling for the type of character the movie seems to have.

It's going to link the cosmic side of AoU, plus it'll introduce Thanos which is what all of Phase 3 and Avengers 3 will lead up to/be about. It's going to be a pretty important and more importantly, good movie imo. Eventually in the comics, Iron Man joins the GotG, so I'm wondering if that will happen in a future GotG movie.

It's going to link the cosmic side of AoU, plus it'll introduce Thanos which is what all of Phase 3 and Avengers 3 will lead up to/be about. It's going to be a pretty important and more importantly, good movie imo. Eventually in the comics, Iron Man joins the GotG, so I'm wondering if that will happen in a future GotG movie.

Thanos is apart of the GoTG series? I know he is a villain to Thor, didn't know this as well. I guess I have to see this, and not sure Iron Man will join them. I don't think that's the plan for him. If it follows the Captain America series, and how The Winter Soldier has the events happen to him, as it does in the comics, not sure Iron Man will make an appearance here.

Thanos is apart of the GoTG series? I know he is a villain to Thor, didn't know this as well. I guess I have to see this, and not sure Iron Man will join them. I don't think that's the plan for him. If it follows the Captain America series, and how The Winter Soldier has the events happen to him, as it does in the comics, not sure Iron Man will make an appearance here.

Warning, spoilers ahead!

He won't have an appearance in this movie, but he may be a part of the GotG in the next movie, if it follows the comics. As for the setup of Winter Soldier, it basically reveals how deep HYRDA has sown its roots. The guy in the post credits who talks about miracles, which then pans to Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver is Baron von Strucker. He is a leader of HYDRA in the comic universe, and probably the leader in the movie universe. HYDRA presumably has a hand in unleashing Ultron, who's intelligence resembles Zola's a lot, and it's already known that Zola uploaded himself to the internet and thus wasn't destroyed by the missile that hit in NJ. One of the primary story lines for the GotG was fighting Ultron in space, as it has the knowledge to rebuild and repurpose itself. At one point it ends up leading a race of cybernetic beings that try to take over the galaxy and the Guardians fight him off. I don't know if Stark was involved with that or not, never actually read the GotG comics, I just know the storyline. Gamora, one of the members, is the adopted daughter of Thanos, and the Collector collects objects to keep them away from Thanos, after working for him at one time and realizing how horrible he truly was. Presumably, in this movie, he still doesn't realize the horrors of Thanos, or his character is reworked to just be on the side of Thanos.

Thanos is never really an adversary of Thor. His story lines are contained to the Avengers, Silver Surfer, GotG and other interstellar titles. Thor's Asgard doesn't exist in our dimensional plane, so Thanos and he really never meet. Not until the Avengers and Infinity Gauntlet story lines, anyway, when he comes to this dimension.

The reason Iron Man going to space makes sense is that at the end of 3, Stark is very conflicted about his role on the planet and how his iron suite defines him. Presumably, from what we know of the movies since then, he's been building Avengers Tower and assembling a place for the Avengers to consolidate and congress on how best to defend the planet. If Ultron does come from space, and the GotG are the ones who were fighting him before he came, it makes sense that maybe Stark sees that he needs to start thinking ahead of potential threats since SHIELD no longer exists to do so. As a result, he may join with the GotG and setup a defense network, possibly keep in contact with the Avengers on earth, and that directly ties into possibly alerting the Avengers to Thanos' existence, or something of that nature. I don't know, I'm just spit balling on the possibilities of where the universe may go in the future. I don't think even the writers/producers know yet, but it's possible the GotG may be a part of Iron Man 4, or rather GotG2 and Iron Man 4 are one in the same?

Warning, spoilers ahead!

He won't have an appearance in this movie, but he may be a part of the GotG in the next movie, if it follows the comics. As for the setup of Winter Soldier, it basically reveals how deep HYRDA has sown its roots. The guy in the post credits who talks about miracles, which then pans to Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver is Baron von Strucker. He is a leader of HYDRA in the comic universe, and probably the leader in the movie universe. HYDRA presumably has a hand in unleashing Ultron, who's intelligence resembles Zola's a lot, and it's already known that Zola uploaded himself to the internet and thus wasn't destroyed by the missile that hit in NJ. One of the primary story lines for the GotG was fighting Ultron in space, as it has the knowledge to rebuild and repurpose itself. At one point it ends up leading a race of cybernetic beings that try to take over the galaxy and the Guardians fight him off. I don't know if Stark was involved with that or not, never actually read the GotG comics, I just know the storyline. Gamora, one of the members, is the adopted daughter of Thanos, and the Collector collects objects to keep them away from Thanos, after working for him at one time and realizing how horrible he truly was. Presumably, in this movie, he still doesn't realize the horrors of Thanos, or his character is reworked to just be on the side of Thanos.

Thanos is never really an adversary of Thor. His story lines are contained to the Avengers, Silver Surfer, GotG and other interstellar titles. Thor's Asgard doesn't exist in our dimensional plane, so Thanos and he really never meet. Not until the Avengers and Infinity Gauntlet story lines, anyway, when he comes to this dimension.

The reason Iron Man going to space makes sense is that at the end of 3, Stark is very conflicted about his role on the planet and how his iron suite defines him. Presumably, from what we know of the movies since then, he's been building Avengers Tower and assembling a place for the Avengers to consolidate and congress on how best to defend the planet. If Ultron does come from space, and the GotG are the ones who were fighting him before he came, it makes sense that maybe Stark sees that he needs to start thinking ahead of potential threats since SHIELD no longer exists to do so. As a result, he may join with the GotG and setup a defense network, possibly keep in contact with the Avengers on earth, and that directly ties into possibly alerting the Avengers to Thanos' existence, or something of that nature. I don't know, I'm just spit balling on the possibilities of where the universe may go in the future. I don't think even the writers/producers know yet, but it's possible the GotG may be a part of Iron Man 4, or rather GotG2 and Iron Man 4 are one in the same?

I know all of the info from the first paragraph, which I was trying to avoid mentioning on here. And I see that they have to call them ''miracles'' and not ''mutants'' since Fox has the rights to X-Men.

If it were to follow the comic book route, Iron Man would be killed by The Winter Soldier when he believed that IM was the one who killed Cap, thus The Winter Soldier taking over as the role as Captain America either before or after Avengers 3.

I know all of the info from the first paragraph, which I was trying to avoid mentioning on here. And I see that they have to call them ''miracles'' and not ''mutants'' since Fox has the rights to X-Men.

I'm going to guarantee that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are "genetically modified" in the MCU. We already know they're in Avengers 2 and DOFP.

I'm going to guarantee that Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are "genetically modified" in the MCU.

Of course. They just can't refer to them as ''mutants'' But i'm super excited to see Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in both series!

I'm still holding out for my man Gambit to appear in another movie.

Right, but this isn't totally the comic books, just based off of it.

At the end of Winter Soldier, we see Rumlow being pulled out of the Triskion wreckage, completely burnt up. In the comics, he becomes Crossbones. It's possible that in the third Cap, Rogers is assassinated and Crossbones is responsible, and Bucky takes over as Cap to avenge his friend and to atone for everything he's done over the past 50 years. The IM being a suspect doesn't really have to be used, especially since the Winter Soldier has already heavily changed compared to how he existed in the comics.

Right, but this isn't totally the comic books, just based off of it.

At the end of Winter Soldier, we see Rumlow being pulled out of the Triskion wreckage, completely burnt up. In the comics, he becomes Crossbones. It's possible that in the third Cap, Rogers is assassinated and Crossbones is responsible, and Bucky takes over as Cap to avenge his friend and to atone for everything he's done over the past 50 years. The IM being a suspect doesn't really have to be used, especially since the Winter Soldier has already heavily changed compared to how he existed in the comics.

Understandable. Good points. I guess we'll have to wait and see what they do with it.

Probably, they probably can even be called mutants, but their origins will have to be re-worked, which I believe has already been talked about by Kevin Feige.

In DOFP they can be, not in Age of Ultron. They will be referred to as ''Miracles'' instead, copyright reasons. I could be wrong, but that's what i've been hearing. Makes sense, since both characters are played by different actors in each series and will most likely have different stories.

In DOFP they can be, not in Age of Ultron. They will be referred to as ''Miracles'' instead, copyright reasons. I could be wrong, but that's what i've been hearing. Makes sense, since both characters are played by different actors in each series and will most likely have different stories.

They have to have different backgrounds, that's for sure.

Quicksilver being Magneto's son can't happen in AoU, but I don't know if Mutants are off limits. Even if not, I'd assume Marvel won't use the name just so it's not confusing. Mutants sort of means a difference from birth, and I'm assuming that these two were probably altered by HYDRA, as evident by von Strucker calling them "volunteers."

They have to have different backgrounds, that's for sure.

Quicksilver being Magneto's son can't happen in AoU, but I don't know if Mutants are off limits. Even if not, I'd assume Marvel won't use the name just so it's not confusing. Mutants sort of means a difference from birth, and I'm assuming that these two were probably altered by HYDRA, as evident by von Strucker calling them "volunteers."

Yup. They've made that rather obvious.

In bold, I believe they are because of the copy rights or whatever. But, yes ''miracles'' ''volunteers'' will most likely what they're referred to as. With HYDA here, I guess redface or whatever they called him, can't think of his name off the top of my head for some reason. Guess he will be making another appearance

Nah red skull is dead. Von Strucker, the guy who talks about miracles, is going to be the next head of HYDRA. He's going to be in AoU too so I'm assuming he will have a pretty significant role.

I thought in the comics Red Skull was actually still alive, almost kinda like the way the scientist was? I could be wrong though. I know the other guy will have a major role in the next few movies

New details released!!!!

And here's some interesting bits about GotG's plot:

• Star-Lord was kidnapped from Earth when he was 8 years old and grew up among "a group of thieves and smugglers called the Ravagers" who I'm desperately hoping are going to be based on the space pirates known as the Starjammers in the comics (although presumably without Cyclops' dad in charge).

• Gamora and Nebula were raised together as sisters by Thanos, after Thanos murdered the rest of Gamora's family. "They were bio engineered to become living weapons, so he's really good at killing people," says Gunn. So clearly there's been a bit of a falling out between the two, since they're definitely having a pretty major fight scene.

http://io9.com/guardians-of-the-galaxy-details-revealed-including-lin-1562275490?utm_campaign=socialflow_io9_facebook&utm_source=io9_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Fucking sweet. :clap:

• 4 months later...
I ended up seeing this 3 times in the theater, easily the movie of the year for me and the best Marvel movie to date made. I can not wait for this to come out on Blu-Ray in December. I'm hoping it stays in the theaters for a few more days so I can see it one more time on Friday. The story-line, the comedy, the action, A++ movie, just great all around.

Archived