• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Gretzky's Last Game in the NHL (Rangers vs Penguins MSG 4/18/99)

NYRANGERS99

Hey Blue Shirts --

Been a lurker for a while now, love the forum and thrilled about getting (what's left of) an NHL season this year. Posting today to see if anyone can help me out -- As everyone knows, Wayne Gretzky played his last game in the NHL as a Ranger on April 18th, 1999. I'm a huge collector of anything Gretzky, and found this auction this morning on eBay: Two ticket stubs from the last game, autographed on the back by Mario Lemieux and Phil Esposito.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321052691449?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

The tickets look 100% legit compared to the one I already own, but I had a question about the autographs. Mario was definitely in attendance that night, as I remember seeing him on TV. However, I have no recollection of Ranger great Phil Esposito ever being shown/mentioned. If any of you guys were in attendance that night, or watching the game on TV, would you please let me know if you recall seeing Phil? I'm about to bid on the auction but wanted to confirm this information before going forward. Thank you so, so much!

Welcome to the forums, NYRANGERS99, and congratulations on your first post/thread.

I don't really recall the game that fondly to answer your question, but we might have a few regulars here who can help you out. Hopefully one of them chimes in to help you out.

Hey Blue Shirts --

Been a lurker for a while now, love the forum and thrilled about getting (what's left of) an NHL season this year. Posting today to see if anyone can help me out -- As everyone knows, Wayne Gretzky played his last game in the NHL as a Ranger on April 18th, 1999. I'm a huge collector of anything Gretzky, and found this auction this morning on eBay: Two ticket stubs from the last game, autographed on the back by Mario Lemieux and Phil Esposito.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321052691449?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

The tickets look 100% legit compared to the one I already own, but I had a question about the autographs. Mario was definitely in attendance that night, as I remember seeing him on TV. However, I have no recollection of Ranger great Phil Esposito ever being shown/mentioned. If any of you guys were in attendance that night, or watching the game on TV, would you please let me know if you recall seeing Phil? I'm about to bid on the auction but wanted to confirm this information before going forward. Thank you so, so much!

I was at the game, but I don't remember Esposito there...they highlighted lots of notables in the crowd.

Archived