• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Things I'm Thankful For

Phil

1. Having gotten through Sandy relatively unscathed where so many we know and love weren't nearly as fortunate.

2. This forum being a constant source of entertainment, distraction (in a good way) and discourse.

3. My Staff, who put in long hours for no pay and do so much to keep this place running ? much of which goes completely unnoticed and under appreciated.

4. Everyone of you who came here when we first opened, and come here still, despite this wretched lockout, helping to keep this place what it is.

Or as the NHL might put it:

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opinion/assets_c/2012/10/620-nhl-thank-you-fans-thumb-620xauto-237168.jpg

I'm stealing your first 2 reasons as they are some of my own as well. I'm also thankful for:

- The fact that my family is healthy and able to be together for the holidays.

- Having made it to my 32nd birthday. I'm am reminded everyday how fortunate I am in that regard.

- Having made it through what felt like a lengthy and exhausting depression. Things are falling into place slowly but surely.

There is so much more, but those are the ones that stand out most at the moment.

I'm stealing your first 2 reasons as they are some of my own as well. I'm also thankful for:

- The fact that my family is healthy and able to be together for the holidays.

- Having made it to my 32nd birthday. I'm am reminded everyday how fortunate I am in that regard.

- Having made it through what felt like a lengthy and exhausting depression. Things are falling into place slowly but surely.

There is so much more, but those are the ones that stand out most at the moment.

1) Boobies - for keeping me endlessly entertained.

I have no idea how this managed to not be included in my OP. Fail. :doh:

:lol:

Well that one goes without saying.

Thankful for coming on here and enjoying discussions with great members. I've learned a lot here and you guys are hilarious.

Thanks to my grandma for keeping me sane while I live with a struggling family.

Thanks to my boss and my coworkers for helping me learn new things and experiencing what work is really like.

After boobies, I did some thinking to dig up some other things I'm thankful for.

2) My family and my girlfriend for being very supportive of me as I face some pretty tough decisions over the next few weeks.

3) All of my friends, no matter where I know them from, are always there for me and are just great people in general. I'm very grateful for that.

4) For hockey existing in general. It allowed me to meet some great people, stay in shape, and is something I truly love. On top of that, there's this board which is a great place. I'm grateful for this board too and despite the fact that we all may not agree on everything, we are here because we all share the love of hockey and of the Rangers.

5) For Bears being a good at CS and carrying the team.

-My 2 beautiful little girls

-My wife (for putting up with my shit)

-My health

-My mother's health as she continues to successfully battle cancer

I'm thankful for your wife as well. :D

On a more serious note, I am thankful for Love. The love I receive from my wife, my daughter, my family, and my friends. Love is what keeps smiles on faces and gives us reason to live.

And back to a less serious note... I am thankful for Mikey.

-my mom. who has always been extremely good to me and who I have not always treated so great.

-my girlfriend who came into my life at a time where I was really down about a lot of stuff and has given me the courage and love to push myself to actually make something of my life.

-this place for always being a "destination". I feel like its just part of my routine to come here even if I do not really post like I used to.

-my job. its not perfect but I am a hell of a lot better off than a lot of people and outside of maybe the pay I really could not have asked for a better first-serious-job.

and of course boobs. but i always thought that went without saying?

I'm thankful for your wife as well. :D

On a more serious note, I am thankful for Love. The love I receive from my wife, my daughter, my family, and my friends. Love is what keeps smiles on faces and gives us reason to live.

And back to a less serious note... I am thankful for Mikey.

I knew this was coming the second I had to scroll down. Are you coming for dessert on Thursday?

After boobies, I did some thinking to dig up some other things I'm thankful for.

2) My family and my girlfriend for being very supportive of me as I face some pretty tough decisions over the next few weeks.

3) All of my friends, no matter where I know them from, are always there for me and are just great people in general. I'm very grateful for that.

4) For hockey existing in general. It allowed me to meet some great people, stay in shape, and is something I truly love. On top of that, there's this board which is a great place. I'm grateful for this board too and despite the fact that we all may not agree on everything, we are here because we all share the love of hockey and of the Rangers.

5) For Bears being a good at CS and carrying the team.

:rofl:

Archived