• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Neighbor Etiquette

Vodka Drunkenski

Key is not being the first one. Unless youre snowblowing your driveway.

10 is fine. 9 is usually ok.

I live in an older neighborhood so they are up mowing at 6 on nice summer days.

Then you should be out there and done by like 5 AM so that everyone else on your block isnt begging for you to dig them out ;)

10am.

Seriously - I want to sleep in. When your car alarm goes off, or your lawnmower is going at 8, I want to go outside and curse at you.

Ditto like most,

10 is a decent rule of thumb

Nine is a shade on the obnox.

As a rule of thumb if I'm gonna do something real loud, like use the chainsaw, I try to get it done on a Saturday and avoid Sunday altogether -- but if I have to do something noisy Sunday then I try to keep it to the afternoon. But that's a personal preference. That said, it's been a long time since I did noisy shyte. We got a new hand mower and it's super sharp and efficient...for now.

Get familiar with the ordinances in your town. This way, you'll be prepared to respond appropriately when someone complains. And they will, regardless of when you start making noise, if they are anything like the first set of neighbors I had. Anywho, it's always good to know the rules. :)

Get familiar with the ordinances in your town. This way, you'll be prepared to respond appropriately when someone complains. And they will, regardless of when you start making noise, if they are anything like the first set of neighbors I had. Anywho, it's always good to know the rules. :)

Good point, and spoken like a true ref ;)

I worked in the maintenance division for an incorporated village for 3 summers. 8AM was when we were allowed to use power tools, lawn mowers, leaf blowers, and other machinery.

I hate when the Town Of Babylon comes and cuts the grass across from my house at 8. I also hate that they come to clean my street before 7, let people leave for work before you clean the streets.

Archived